Unused Smiths Sleeve? £900 on ebay?

bobalmighty

*Cornette Face*
It probably IS real but not it's not worth all that, you can buy them way cheaper than that!! £900? Christ!

It's widely known that "Stop Me" was slated for UK release, but changed to "I Started Something" due to the Hungreford Massacre months prior.

This seller is Mike Heaton of Morrissey-Madness.

It's widely known that "Stop Me" was slated for UK release, but changed to "I Started Something" due to the Hungreford Massacre months prior.

This seller is Mike Heaton of Morrissey-Madness.

No doubt Mike will be along in a minute...he is a member of Moz solo - mozzerblonde.

I've bought quite a few items from him recently - all top quality.

But £900? Who knows what someone will eventually pay for it, but there are too many top price items on the listings to make each one of them stand out.

He has a fantastic pencil drawing of the "Last Night I dreamt.." poster, it's listed on eil http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=435009 Which I think is fantastic...just need to convince myself that I need it...must resist...

Hello all,

Question for Mozza220559 i would really like to know where you could buy this "Stop Me" sleeve from at a cheaper price ,as i was under the impression that Mike from Morrissey Madness was the only person to be selling this piece of artwork as i have never seen this offered up for sale apart from on his site and on ebay which i presume was Mike. Please enlighten me as i would like to own this sleeve.

Many thanks Will never marry .

interesting how these all started to pop up all over the place over the past few months :)

Who besides Mike Heaton and EIL have them for sale?

I bought mine from the same source as Mike Heaton and EIL nearly 10 years ago.

Who besides Mike Heaton and EIL have them for sale?

I bought mine from the same source as Mike Heaton and EIL nearly 10 years ago.

they've been ALL over ebay UK and US.

some for a little as $10 and some up to $2000.

a good laser printer and some great paper and someone's got themselves a nice pocket full of change

they've been ALL over ebay UK and US.

some for a little as $10 and some up to $2000.

a good laser printer and some great paper and someone's got themselves a nice pocket full of change

Wow, $10 for an alternate proof from Jo Slee's collection; and they're ALL over eBay UK and US. That's amazing.

i bought serveral sleeve proofs from Mike,
in my opinion sleeve proofs are highly
collactable, especially "that joke" - cock
artwork, which is shown in peepholism.

i have no doubt that the sleeves from
mike are genuine !

Stefan R

I wouldn't buy any of these..too many around lately. They look dodgy.

Could someone point to me where an entity other than EIL or Mike Heaton are selling these?

I have no doubt that the sleeves are genuine, as well.

Last edited:
Hi beau, maybe my previous post was quite pre-mature - i check ebay regularly and simply noticed that these proof sleeves have shown up a lot recently. I wasn't aware that they are from one seller. I bought from Mike as well once or twice and i was always happy with what I received.

However, I still stand by my point that I wouldnt buy any of these, not at those prices anyway - just a personal preference.

I'd be interested to find out more about these proof sleeves - where can I find more info? Whats makes you sure they are authentic? Don't you think they could be easily reproduced?

the proofs sleeves must be
genuine, because mike had
the artwork by joo slee
for the sleeves, too.

i compared some sleeves of mike
with some other sleeves i bought
years ago and they are exactly
(100 %) the same.

Stefan R

Hello Mr Walkers Crisps, Just ask yourself one question if i was printing these covers up why would i print standard sleeves? If you want to know about the sleeves why haven't you asked me first or just read Peepholism. Oh while i'm on the subject of printing these out just ask yourself another question where would i have got the sleeves in the first place to copy? Well i hope this puts your mind at rest and next time you want to put some facts out which are correct Ask Me,Ask Me,Ask Me. Will add a letter from Joe Slee with this post and some artwork she worked on just so people can judge for themselves just how genuine these pieces are and how genuine i am.As for price if you want to disagree that's fine with me but these are rarer than any negative sleeve or a Reel Around The Fountain single.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks Mike Mozzerblonde

mike is right, these sleeves are probably rarer than any Negative Sleeve or a Reel Around The Fountain single. Anyway common collectors will give more for a Negative Sleeve than a unique artwork, which is completely unknow. 900 UKP is much money and not are bargain, but its a start to deal for getting the sleeve. thnx Stefan R

I don't know how many exist, and I have only seen one in person, but I have seen original artwork layout from MORRISSEY for one of the early albums. This artwork had his writing, instruction, details and design in RED Crayon, with photo copied image, cut and paste on about 3 - 12"-sized cardboard cut outs. It is similar to the layout for "Last night..." as shown in Jo Slee's book So the point is, I am wondering if any others exist, and how many, rather than just these proof sleeves, because those would be worth 900 Pounds or more.

Mmmmm

Hello Mr Walkers Crisps, Just ask yourself one question if i was printing these covers up why would i print standard sleeves? If you want to know about the sleeves why haven't you asked me first or just read Peepholism. Oh while i'm on the subject of printing these out just ask yourself another question where would i have got the sleeves in the first place to copy? Well i hope this puts your mind at rest and next time you want to put some facts out which are correct Ask Me,Ask Me,Ask Me. Will add a letter from Joe Slee with this post and some artwork she worked on just so people can judge for themselves just how genuine these pieces are and how genuine i am.As for price if you want to disagree that's fine with me but these are rarer than any negative sleeve or a Reel Around The Fountain single.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks Mike Mozzerblonde

Sorry, Ms Walkers Crisps, not mister.

I don't know how many exist, and I have only seen one in person, but I have seen original artwork layout from MORRISSEY for one of the early albums. This artwork had his writing, instruction, details and design in RED Crayon, with photo copied image, cut and paste on about 3 - 12"-sized cardboard cut outs. It is similar to the layout for "Last night..." as shown in Jo Slee's book So the point is, I am wondering if any others exist, and how many, rather than just these proof sleeves, because those would be worth 900 Pounds or more.

Did it belong to a Dutch collector? Because I think he had 2.

Back
Top Bottom