Upcoming T-Rex tribute album "AngelHeaded Hipster: The Songs of Marc Bolan & T.Rex"

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
https://www.hotpress.com/competitions/u2-join-forces-elton-john-marc-bolan-tribute-album-22813613

From the late, great Hal Wilner.

U2, Nick Cave, Marc Almond, and many more.

..with accompanying documentary film also forthcoming, seemingly titled "Children of the Revolution" but looks more like it should be "Tit Children of Beatles Drummer" {Zak Starkey channeling his inner Liam rather than Lennon...} ~

https://inparentheses.org/projects/children-of-the-revolution/

Many more names featured in the documentary, including Johnny Marr.

But no sign of the pop world's No1 Bolan boy ~ Morrissey: deeply unlikely he was ever asked, equally unlikely he would have said 'Yes', for reasons best known only to himself.

But given that half these chancers in the doc appear unaware of T-Rex in any incarnation, it seems a little rum.

You can hear a little of Cave trying "Cosmic Dancer" in the film excerpt. Or is that Vic Reeves' club singer? Tricky.

Nice to see Marc wearing his own T-shirt. Reminds me of somebody...

First release from the album comes from Cave ~

Sweet video. Had me moist for Marc. But Cave's 'interpretation' is still a little...Vic Reeves...to me. Nice strings and oboe?

Morrissey's phrasing and vibrations are immaculate, even in a live 'interpretation'.

https://www.hotpress.com/competitions/u2-join-forces-elton-john-marc-bolan-tribute-album-22813613

From the late, great Hal Wilner.

U2, Nick Cave, Marc Almond, and many more.

..with accompanying documentary film also forthcoming, seemingly titled "Children of the Revolution" but looks more like it should be "Tit Children of Beatles Drummer" {Zak Starkey channeling his inner Liam rather than Lennon...} ~

https://inparentheses.org/projects/children-of-the-revolution/

Many more names featured in the documentary, including Johnny Marr.

But no sign of the pop world's No1 Bolan boy ~ Morrissey: deeply unlikely he was ever asked, equally unlikely he would have said 'Yes', for reasons best known only to himself.

But given that half these chancers in the doc appear unaware of T-Rex in any incarnation, it seems a little rum.

You can hear a little of Cave trying "Cosmic Dancer" in the film excerpt. Or is that Vic Reeves' club singer? Tricky.

Nice to see Marc wearing his own T-shirt. Reminds me of somebody...

Wait - because they're not Morrissey, they're 'chancers'?

Wait - because they're not Morrissey, they're 'chancers'?

Wait...wot?

No sir, í merely made the observation that, based on the doc excerpt, quite a few of the participants seemed unaware or unfamiliar with T-Rex's music.
Like alot of these 'tribute' comps, it's a mix of artists who appear to be genuine fans who wish to pay homage, and then people who the organisers think are cool, or people who want to look cool by being included.
And then Zak Starkey.

í would have thought that you could easily find enough pop artists who genuinely worship Marc Bolan to make a worthwhile and interesting contribution to an LP, or doc, without resorting to people who appear to be 'chancing it' somewhat.

Nice version of the song by Nick Cave!

From the product page:

"Marc Bolan has been famously cited as a major influence by some of the biggest names in music from David Bowie to Johnny Marr."

Yet I don't see Mr. Marr's name amongst the tracks. I wonder if he is guesting on a song?

New cut from this by Joan Jett.
More cute Marc footage included, including performing live on stage in a skinny Marc T shirt, alongside a twice life size card cut-out of himself.
Ballsy boy.

LP out now, and as added promo Mr Vic Cave provided 'The Late Late Show with James Corden' with an off-cut from his "Idiot Prayer " performance film ~

~ still not a scratch on the Moz version. But very...classy.

And í guess it confirms that the "loon" line that í had been mis-hearing all these decades as "What's it like to be alone?" is, in fact, correct, and as Marc wrote. But it's too late for me to change, and í will still hear it as alone...

LP out now, and as added promo Mr Vic Cave provided 'The Late Late Show with James Corden' with an off-cut from his "Idiot Prayer " performance film ~

~ still not a scratch on the Moz version. But very...classy.

And í guess it confirms that the "loon" line that í had been mis-hearing all these decades as "What's it like to be alone?" is, in fact, correct, and as Marc wrote. But it's too late for me to change, and í will still hear it as alone...

Marc sings "loon", Moz sings "alone" (even in duet...).

First release from the album comes from Cave ~

Sweet video. Had me moist for Marc. But Cave's 'interpretation' is still a little...Vic Reeves...to me. Nice strings and oboe?

Morrissey's phrasing and vibrations are immaculate, even in a live 'interpretation'.

This is ok. I don't hate it. I don't love it.

Don't bring that up on YouTube, unless you like a bunch of angel-headed hipsters getting pre-Raphaelite on your ass...

tenor (3).gif

(I've always heard it this way. They can bugger off...)

Back
Top Bottom