Update 'The Moz/Smiths Top 100'

TheYoungest

Back when I was a 'lurker', I remember seeing the huge collection of polls Houdini started to determine the 'top 100' songs written by Morrissey. The initial list included every song up until That's How People Grow Up (2008), and it was later updated to include everything up to Swords...

Anyway, it seemed like a lot of fun talking about the tracks individually and seeing people's different interpretations - more so than the ratings, personally. Obviously there's been more songs released since then - especially with WPINOYB - so I wonder if it might be time to start threads for all the songs between then and now? If Houdini's still around, perhaps s/he would like to do the honors, but then again it does seem like a lot of work. I'm willing to do it if not. Who's interested in taking part?

In his infinite wisdom and fierce commitment to free speech, David T. disabled Anonymous voting, and in so doing he effectively killed polls.

Seems fun. I'd be up to help out. Maybe collect all the original polls into a list people could link to.

Loved that poll. A much better way of measuring opinion than "which song from x album is your favourite?" polls, which are always misleading because a song might win because 50% of people love it, but for all we know the other 50% might despise it! And the comments are always interesting.

Neal Cassady, Staircase and Art-Hounds are running away with the two "favourite" songs polls, but I'd be interested to know where they'd come against his older work.

Back when I was a 'lurker', I remember seeing the huge collection of polls Houdini started to determine the 'top 100' songs written by Morrissey. The initial list included every song up until That's How People Grow Up (2008), and it was later updated to include everything up to Swords...

Anyway, it seemed like a lot of fun talking about the tracks individually and seeing people's different interpretations - more so than the ratings, personally. Obviously there's been more songs released since then - especially with WPINOYB - so I wonder if it might be time to start threads for all the songs between then and now? If Houdini's still around, perhaps s/he would like to do the honors, but then again it does seem like a lot of work. I'm willing to do it if not. Who's interested in taking part?

Yes, I'm still here (where I always was). Thanks for asking.
Yes, we polled all officially released songs from 1983 until 2010.
I will do the next 25 (from 2011-2014) soon. It will be interesting to see where they end up, and how many songs make the final top-100.

Back
Top Bottom