"USA Chart Position" (#7 Billboard Albums, #3 Vinyl Albums) - Morrissey Central; #95 Billboard 200

UPDATE June 4:

Actual charts are out now:
https://www.billboard.com/charts

Posted by BookishBoy:

Billboard 200 albums: number 95
Billboard album sales: number 7
Billboard vinyl albums: number 3
Billboard independent albums: number 4
Billboard tastemaker albums: number 3
Billboard digital albums: number 9
Billboard artist 100: number 58

The comparison quoted on Morrissey Central does not appear completely accurate. Link posted by Thewlis:
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/billboard-200

Data seems to be shared between the two charts in history, up to Dec. 13, 2014 - Wikipedia):
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/top-album-sales

Also, link posted by Morrissey_Sucks:

BUILDING ALBUM SALES CHART - Hits Daily Double
UPDATED DAILY TUESDAY-FRIDAY
Chart Date: 05/31/2019 (WEEK ENDING: 05/30/2019)

#14 MORRISSEY - CALIFORNIA SON - BMG 5,172

USA Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
June 3, 2019

"Morrissey's California Son album has charted at number 7 in the USA Official Billboard Chart.
The vinyl version of the album is number 3 on the LP chart.

This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date, following :

Low In High School (10)
Years of Refusal (11)
You Are The Quarry (11)
World Peace Is None of Your Business (14)
Vauxhall and I (18)
Your Arsenal (21)
and so on."

full

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Morrissey, the band, Joe C. and all who made this happen

nmbr 7 is Morrissey's highest chart position in the USA, a coveralbum

all yawnin about a pin has brought Morrissey extra PR, so Thanks UK papers haters

Congrats Morrissey, the band, Joe C. and all who made this happen

nmbr 7 is Morrissey's highest chart position in the USA, a coveralbum

all yawnin about a pin has brought Morrissey extra PR, so Thanks UK papers haters

Do you think this post on MC is accurate, they have LIHS charting at number 10, when it actually charted at 20?

its a Modest Mouse album not a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: album FFS
he was just a lawnmower on it.
its like saying the dude who played bongos on a Stones album had a no 1 album.. LOL :crazy:

his official DRAMAJ albums have yet to hit ANYWHERE on the USA charts.:lbf:

poor tart.:straightface:

Johnny Marr was a full-fledged member of Modest Mouse and a co-songwriter.

Any earthly reason why they shouldn’t?

No just like I would be more interested if it was a cover of English songs like , You say you don't love me and Song from under the floorboards. Looks like the MC post is miss leading though?

No just like I would be more interested if it was a cover of English songs like , You say you don't love me and Song from under the floorboards. Looks like the MC post is miss leading though?
Maybe. However, I do not claim to know how the American album charts work.
Number 7 or number 207 doesn’t really matter in the end, though. Neither number determines his worth or his abilities.

Last edited:
I cannot believe California Sun flopped badly in the US Top 200 Billboard Charts! Number 95! I mean wtf! That’s shocking!

If only this were accurate. Part of what makes Morrissey's outbursts so frustrating is just how incredibly inconsistent they are. One minute he's criticising "Predicament Trump", the next he's speaking directly out of the Trump playbook. I wish he'd just come out as a Trump supporter - then he'd alienate his natural American fans too.

Just a thought: How many (few) sales does it take these days to get to number 7? I mean, comparing a release in 2019 to one from 1992 or even 2004 (when people, you know, actually bought their music) seems a bit pointless?

I know that the thing here is a way of saying: LOOK, MORRISSEY IS MORE POPULAR THAN EVER - HERE'S THE CHART POSITION TO PROVE IT!

But, really... how many units has the album sold? Would be interesting to know. I remember seeing number for YoR on here a few years back and the number of units sold was very low (and that was 10 years ago).

USA Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
June 3, 2019

"Morrissey's California Son album has charted at number 7 in the USA Official Billboard Chart.
The vinyl version of the album is number 3 on the LPchart.

This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date, following :

Low In High School (10)
Years of Refusal (11)
You Are The Quarry (11)
World Peace Is None of Your Business (14)
Vauxhall and I (18)
Your Arsenal (21)
and so on."

full

Regards,
FWD.

Maybe. However, I do not claim to know how the American album charts work.
Number 7 or number 207 doesn’t really matter in the end, though. Neither number determines his worth or his abilities.

Nope but it (some level of commercial success) does determine whether he will be able to put out new albums in the future. Presumably that does matter to you.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom