"USA Chart Position" (#7 Billboard Albums, #3 Vinyl Albums) - Morrissey Central; #95 Billboard 200

UPDATE June 4:

Actual charts are out now:
https://www.billboard.com/charts

Posted by BookishBoy:

Billboard 200 albums: number 95
Billboard album sales: number 7
Billboard vinyl albums: number 3
Billboard independent albums: number 4
Billboard tastemaker albums: number 3
Billboard digital albums: number 9
Billboard artist 100: number 58

The comparison quoted on Morrissey Central does not appear completely accurate. Link posted by Thewlis:
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/billboard-200

Data seems to be shared between the two charts in history, up to Dec. 13, 2014 - Wikipedia):
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/top-album-sales

Also, link posted by Morrissey_Sucks:

BUILDING ALBUM SALES CHART - Hits Daily Double
UPDATED DAILY TUESDAY-FRIDAY
Chart Date: 05/31/2019 (WEEK ENDING: 05/30/2019)

#14 MORRISSEY - CALIFORNIA SON - BMG 5,172

USA Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
June 3, 2019

"Morrissey's California Son album has charted at number 7 in the USA Official Billboard Chart.
The vinyl version of the album is number 3 on the LP chart.

This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date, following :

Low In High School (10)
Years of Refusal (11)
You Are The Quarry (11)
World Peace Is None of Your Business (14)
Vauxhall and I (18)
Your Arsenal (21)
and so on."

full

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The people who believe “California Son” is a US chart success are the same sort of people who believe Trump had a bigger crowd on Inauguration Day than Obama did.

Well no, I think Trump is a complete waste of carbon. Not one redeeming quality in that malignant narcissist

....but CS is somewhat of a success. It's not a flop. It charted well but his next album of originals will do 3x the business.

Well no, I think Trump is a complete waste of carbon. Not one redeeming quality in that malignant narcissist

....but CS is somewhat of a success. It's not a flop. It charted well but his next album of originals will do 3x the business.

You’ve just made my point. My post had very little to do with Trump, but rather people believing statements clearly not on the level just because they like the source.

What are the actual sales numbers that make CS “somewhat of a success” here in the US? Morrissey can quote his placement on all the meaningless charts he wants but in the end it’s the sales that matter. And I’ll eat my hat if they end up being anything other than dismal in the end for this album of cringeworthy cover songs, “Days of Decision” excluded.

Why would anyone argue about a single week of weak chart positioning for a release that will be recycle-bin material within 30 days?

Hahaha... Morrissey didn't post wrong information... It's simply impossible to get how each chart works.

I don't get why an album release by B.M.G. is considered "Independent"... It's hard to get the other categories.

You’ve just made my point. My post had very little to do with Trump, but rather people believing statements clearly not on the level just because they like the source.

What are the actual sales numbers that make CS “somewhat of a success” here in the US? Morrissey can quote his placement on all the meaningless charts he wants but in the end it’s the sales that matter. And I’ll eat my hat if they end up being anything other than dismal in the end for this album of cringeworthy cover songs, “Days of Decision” excluded.

‘but in the end it’s the sales that matter.’

I wonder. Sales to BMG matters most, though I’m sure they knew who they were dealing with when they were drawing up the contract.

To Morrissey? money matters to most folks, especially if you like to eat, etc. Charts matter to him probably more for nostalgic reasons, but with all his comments about chart positions, I’m sure he realizes... it’s just not like those old days anymore.

Though, what I’m getting at is.. whatever happens, Morrissey if he chooses to, can find someone to release
his records. Glad he’s still doing his thing in spite of criticism. He doesn’t have to.

:lbf:Btw, I like it, but out of all of them, ‘Days of decision’ is my least favorite.

Germany: CS dropped out of the top 100 in its second week (after entering it at nr 13)

the midweek charts for this week: http://www.mtv.de/charts/ew735d/midweek-album-top-100

talk about success now

From a little over 1,000 units sold in week 1 to almost 50 copies in week 2. This album will not even achieve sales of 50,000 combined worldwide. The simple truth is Morrissey is more of a legends touring draw and few people are interested in his current output - we can debate why this is happening, but it is obvious fact.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom