Initial release was meant for May 10.
Regards,
FWD.

Now on Morrissey Central:

"Monday 8 April, on sale."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/monday-8-april-on-sale

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or does the size of Billie Joe Armstrong's name on the cover suggest that we might actually be able to hear his contribution to this song, as opposed to some of the other "guests"? Or is he just another friend of Joe C's who was persuaded to pop into the studio for 45 mins to sing minor backing vocals that then get mixed way down? I hope it's the former!

Yep, hopefully it's more like a proper duet, ideally with both in a video although v unlikely.
Armstrong is a massive name in the indie/alternative world. Green Day have sold millions more albums than anything by Steve or the Smiths so if this collaboration is a success, it will make a big difference to the album's promotion. Intriguing times. Let's just hope Steve doesn't blow it again with more idiotic comments in interviews or at concerts.

Yep, hopefully it's more like a proper duet, ideally with both in a video although v unlikely.
Armstrong is a massive name in the indie/alternative world. Green Day have sold millions more albums than anything by Steve or the Smiths so if this collaboration is a success, it will make a big difference to the album's promotion. Intriguing times. Let's just hope Steve doesn't blow it again with more idiotic comments in interviews or at concerts.
And of course the first line of the song is
"Bill I love you so , I always will ..."
Makes it a bit more intriguing....

And of course the first line of the song is
"Bill I love you so , I always will ..."
Makes it a bit more intriguing....

‘Take my hand and off we stride
Oh, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

I'm a girl and you're a boy
La, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la’

He may change it to ... ‘Billie ....

So, contrary to this nonsense:

20190404_170702.jpg

The B-side is Brow Of My Beloved which was how it was originally listed (and still is everywhere).
My Warners Rep. has echoed the fact that Etienne 4050538483611 has that song on it.
This, for collectors, makes the RSD only vinyl a bit more exclusive as that will be the only route to the B-side: I Thought You Were Dead.
Regards,
FWD.

So, contrary to this nonsense:

View attachment 48544

The B-side is Brow Of My Beloved which was how it was originally listed (and still is everywhere).
My Warners Rep. has echoed the fact that Etienne 4050538483611 has that song on it.
This, for collectors, makes the RSD only vinyl a bit more exclusive as that will be the only route to the B-side: I Thought You Were Dead.
Regards,
FWD.
So .... I Appreciate Your Efforts So Much ... Let Me Ask Please .. When The Wedding Bell Blues Is Out On 8 April ! So Morrissey Will Release " I Thought You Were Dead " As Well On 8 April ?! ...
Thanks In Adavnce

So .... I Appreciate Your Efforts So Much ... Let Me Ask Please .. When The Wedding Bell Blues Is Out On 8 April ! So Morrissey Will Release " I Thought You Were Dead " As Well On 8 April ?! ...
Thanks In Adavnce
Not to my knowledge.
The Wedding... track will probably appear like the last 2 did via digital sources after the radio plays it.
Then on May 10th, the vinyl will appear with the B-side.
Not heard anything to the contrary yet.
Regards,
FWD.

So .... I'm So Happy To Hear This But , What's The B- Side Of " Wedding bell Blues " ?! Is it I Thought You Were Dead ?! Or " Brow Of My Beloved " ?!

I have got no idea either. I'm feeling mixed-up and confused with this string of releases. And there's still lover-to-be lurking somewhere.

I have got no idea either. I'm feeling mixed-up and confused with this string of releases. And there's still lover-to-be lurking somewhere.
Info I posted elsewhere - might be useful here:

In a nutshell:
April 8 - digital Wedding Bell Blues (no B-side - just the track) also 1st radio airplay.
April 13 - RSD only Lover-To-Be vinyl with I Thought You Were Dead as the B-side.
May 10 - Wedding Bell Blues vinyl with Brow of My Beloved as the B-side.
May 24 - California Son released.

Regards,
FWD.

In a nutshell:
April 8 - digital Wedding Bell Blues (no B-side - just the track) also 1st radio airplay.
April 13 - RSD only Lover-To-Be vinyl with I Thought You Were Dead as the B-side.

Regards,
FWD.
Thank You .... Bro .

In a nutshell:

Regards,
FWD.

Many many thanks. But then where's Lover to be?

Many many thanks. But then where's Lover to be?
Erh...
It's right there. It's vinyl only on the 13th for Record Store Day.
The other route to the A-side is Low In High School deluxe (various formats).
FWD.

So it’s April 8th in some parts of the world.
Is it on Spotify yet?
I suspect those who access tracks early because their itunes etc are further ahead on the time line will probably still have to wait until the equivalent of 11:15 GMT tomorrow - to allow for the 'world exclusive' claim by the BBC.
I'd expect it to then start appearing on Spotify and digital sales platforms.
Just my guess.
All being well, the radio version will appear here just after it's broadcast.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, remember it was that way too with Spent.
World exclusive on the radio first and then widely available.
Would be great if this single was just as succesful!

Erh...
It's right there. It's vinyl only on the 13th for Record Store Day.
The other route to the A-side is Low In High School deluxe (various formats).
FWD.
Oh, yes...I got confused with the acronym RDS or something. Thanks again. Yes...I love lover to be. Actually I'll listen to it now. again.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom