What album are you listening to right now?

Well I think it depends on how much you've kept up with the band. The players will obviously not be the same but really the players always changed. Hes released like eight albums since 2010 and they've gone in a few different directions with some kraut rock influence on some and some noisey shoegazer stuff on others as well as a sorta orchestral soundtrack album for good measure so you can expect that to be in the set list. I guess bottom line Is that if you're expecting just the sixties kinda psych rock of thank god for mental illness or take it back you might be disappointed but if you're worried he fell into a declining period of shambolic chaos since you last heard an album r saw a show then surpingly the answer is no
Well, thanks. I can't say that I've kept up with Anton, to be honest. I was a member of an online Brian Jones fan club once and I remember he was very outspoken and somewhat arrogant. That was about 6 or 7 years ago. I enjoyed listening to their music in the 90s and that's about it, really. From what you've described, I doubt I'd find the music interesting enough to go, but perhaps I'll look up his recent efforts just to see... :)

Well, thanks. I can't say that I've kept up with Anton, to be honest. I was a member of an online Brian Jones fan club once and I remember he was very outspoken and somewhat arrogant. That was about 6 or 7 years ago. I enjoyed listening to their music in the 90s and that's about it, really. From what you've described, I doubt I'd find the music interesting enough to go, but perhaps I'll look up his recent efforts just to see... :)

He's still the same really but maybe mellowed a bit with age and time spent less in the media spotlight. Musically I think he's kept it together and gotten better to my own surprise. I don't really follow him but every couple of years I think to myself huh wonder what they've been up to and catch up a bit. I've enjoyed the music but wouldn't consider myself a big fan or anything. More like certain songs and certain albums. Here's a newish one and the newest one if you wanna hear. The latter has a bit of joy division in it

Who killed sgt pepper

Get lost

LOU REED vs DEATH and WINS

My brother drew this to my attention only yesterday. Can't believe I'd never heard of it before; as far as i can tell, it came out in 2006. It shouldn't work, but actually it's absolutely f***ing fantastic...

:)

My own compilation cd of great songs from the 80's which I've named 'Nineteen Haties' in honour of Moz. Includes Vienna, Enola Gay, Our Lips Are Sealed, Feels Like Heaven, Ghost Town, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Baggy Trousers, Tainted Love, Say Hello Wave Goodbye, Blue Monday, Golden Brown, among others. Great music to listen to while reading David Peace's 1977 (from the Red Riding Quartet).

Still absorbing the new and most likely last brand new album. I love that it came out with no single no warning no mysterious pitch like the arcade fires annoying marketing campaign. No interviews or promotion at all just the music and word of mouth that it was out. It's pretty depressing but a good slow burner of an album. I also like spotting the references among the music. The clues to old songs as well as the nods to bands etc

An NPR review
http://www.npr.org/sections/allsong...d-new-again-science-fiction-is-a-self-revival

Still absorbing the new and most likely last brand new album. I love that it came out with no single no warning no mysterious pitch like the arcade fires annoying marketing campaign. No interviews or promotion at all just the music and word of mouth that it was out. It's pretty depressing but a good slow burner of an album. I also like spotting the references among the music. The clues to old songs as well as the nods to bands etc

An NPR review
http://www.npr.org/sections/allsong...d-new-again-science-fiction-is-a-self-revival

Hmm also of interest is that it went to number one here in the us without a physical release which apparently has been something of a trend for 2017

At the moment, I'm listening to Bright Phoebus and twiddling my beard which is exactly what my mother warned me would happen if I carried on reading Mojo.

Back
Top Bottom