What album are you listening to right now?

Coup_de_Grace_cover.jpg

I'm not the biggest Chomsky fan. Much of what he presents in the realm of linguistics isn't science or meta-science His thoughts on anarchism have been the most intriguing reading for me. He understands the genealogy of the topic and has lived through enough history to have seen where anarcho-capitalism (think the Koch brothers) and other varieties diverge from what are - in my opinion - worthwhile elements of anarchism. Namely mutualistic anarchy :)

I'm not the biggest Chomsky fan. Much of what he presents in the realm of linguistics isn't science or meta-science His thoughts on anarchism have been the most intriguing reading for me. He understands the genealogy of the topic and has lived through enough history to have seen where anarcho-capitalism (think the Koch brothers) and other varieties diverge from what are - in my opinion - worthwhile elements of anarchism. Namely mutualistic anarchy :)
I got a chance to hear him speak years ago, and this was when people were bemoaning the election of a moron like Bush II & that the Supreme Court stopped the ballot count before it was finished and on both points he basically said:
“You ain’t seen nothing yet.” I mean he wanted to be wrong, but wow, things have declined so rapidly since then I think it’s hard for people to understand how we’ve shifted into such truly a “worst of our natures” society and politics...

Bloody hell, they still around?

Will never forget their epic gig in Gothenburg in early 1990 that was considered one of the greatest gigs in Sweden ever because the crowd was so up for it and since I was there I can confirm it.
The old gig promoter who booked most bands in Sweden back then whose name has slipped my mind said he had never seen anything like it.

Listening to that album now so thank you!

Three.

The new Paul Weller album True Meanings.
The new Suede song Flytipping.
An old Sack song Get Up

Back
Top Bottom