what are you eating right now

tonight i felt like i wanted some baklava, so i walked the two hours to the store to buy a box, and then when i came home i ate it all immediately. now i feel so f***ing ill. i never thought i'd say this but i never want to see another piece of baklava again.

damn, i wish i had bought two boxes so i could make myself sick on it tomorrow toooooo

You sound a bit masochistic there, my love.
But I thought that too when you were mentioning your fast and your disillusion you were not able to hold on to it.

I miss your stories about people, what they say, how they react and your thoughts and feelings about them.
You didn't believe me when I said the combination of a sharp sociological view and your own feelings and imagination were a very entertaining read for me.

In a way, all those persons you described were starting to become interesting characters to me as in a novel.
Your Hungarian landlady, grocerystore Moz lookalike, video store guy, your colleagues at the art gallery, your "customers". They were funny, as you described them and your thoughts about them.
Cheers Rifke! :thumb:

i had to look up daikon in the dictionary, and, no, seemingly it's not a daikon. i assume it's a raw radish, quite delicious and also supporting purification processes in the lung

have you tried gluten-free things? i read so many diverse opinions about it, especially with regard to alternative cereals. this here is a gluten-free ready-to-go baking mixture bread as a start for a two-weeks-experiment:
View attachment 41525
it was delicious yesterday but already tasted a bit dusty today. we'll see

Gluten free bread can be used as a lethal weapon the day after it was baked. Pure rock. You have to freeze it if you don't consume all of it during the day it was made. When I don't want to bake I replace bread with these ones:
http://www.productoscarilo.com/index.html
Not these horrible things: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1711571/thumbs/o-RICE-CAKES-570.jpg?1. But some people like them.

You sound a bit masochistic there, my love.
But I thought that too when you were mentioning your fast and your disillusion you were not able to hold on to it.

I miss your stories about people, what they say, how they react and your thoughts and feelings about them.
You didn't believe me when I said the combination of a sharp sociological view and your own feelings and imagination were a very entertaining read for me.

In a way, all those persons you described were starting to become interesting characters to me as in a novel.
Your Hungarian landlady, grocerystore Moz lookalike, video store guy, your colleagues at the art gallery, your "customers". They were funny, as you described them and your thoughts about them.
Cheers Rifke! :thumb:
thats how i am though: if im gonna eat im gonna make it worth it. if im not going to eat i want to make it worth it too. ugh, i had a terrible sleep last night though, with a stomach full of nuts and honey. i always have a much better sleep on an empty stomach (which makes me always question why people say "going to bed on an empty stomach" like it's a bad thing). then this morning i ate too much bread, and now i have to go out and it's hot outside and i feel all bloated. ugh. fast again tomorrow.

well i cant just come up with stories out of air, gerrit! something has to happen that i feel the need to talk about, and nothing has. i've been existed in my own little solipsistic universe lately, and have not been feeling very prolix. i dont know what happened, it's very like how gregor samsa just woke up one day and found he was a beetle. i just woke up one day and found myself in a universe where nothing but me is real, and such a universe does not inspire writings about ones interactions with it.

im cranky today. why does the sun have to shine?! im going to go outside and shake my fist at it, you watch.

thats how i am though: if im gonna eat im gonna make it worth it. if im not going to eat i want to make it worth it too. ugh, i had a terrible sleep last night though, with a stomach full of nuts and honey. i always have a much better sleep on an empty stomach (which makes me always question why people say "going to bed on an empty stomach" like it's a bad thing). then this morning i ate too much bread, and now i have to go out and it's hot outside and i feel all bloated. ugh. fast again tomorrow.

well i cant just come up with stories out of air, gerrit! something has to happen that i feel the need to talk about, and nothing has. i've been existed in my own little solipsistic universe lately, and have not been feeling very prolix. i dont know what happened, it's very like how gregor samsa just woke up one day and found he was a beetle. i just woke up one day and found myself in a universe where nothing but me is real, and such a universe does not inspire writings about ones interactions with it.

im cranky today. why does the sun have to shine?! im going to go outside and shake my fist at it, you watch.

Going to do some Google Earth search, maybe I can see you raise your fist against it! :D
Ont the other hand, don't make it more angry then it already is.
But your question is a good one, although you won't get an answer unless it even gets more angry and we will all be fried. So we can all blame it on you!
I am already fed up with summer and it has not even really begun!
I only want autumn and winter and a very short spring!
The sun is making me cranky tooooo!!
So, at least you know now, you're not the only one.
As far as making up stories out of air, that's what all writers doooo!! :p

Going to do some Google Earth search, maybe I can see you raise your fist against it! :D
But your question is a good one, although you won't get an answer unless it even gets more angry and we will all be fried. So we can all blame it on you!
well chin up, gerritt! after all, it's only 4 more months till autumn! that's what i keep telling myself anyway. soon the cold weather will be upon us again, yay!
well ive discovered that im not much of a writer, cause i cant make up shit. now embellishing im good at, but making something out of nothing? cant do it.
but as it turns out i do have a couple of stories! the first involves grocery moz, because he's always entertaining in his goofy "i look like morrissey" kind of way. well for the last while he's had this nickname for me-- "robyn in the 'hood"--which apparently he thinks is really clever and fun because he insists on saying it every time i see him and really loudly too. well today i had to tell him it was in fact not cool at all but actually quite cheesy, as well as a bit embarrassing when he said it when people were around. i only said that to impress upon him how cool and refined i was that i would never come up with any such thing myself, but now i worry he thinks im not a good sport or something. i didnt mean that he couldnt still say it, because in actual fact, even though it's cheesy and embarrassing, i rather like it when he says it, because as with morrissey himself, his cheesiness is part of his charm. anyway, when he walked past me again he said with mock rigidness "hello robyn, how are you this evening?". so that was funny.
the second story takes place when i went into starbucks. the (east) indian lady working there asked me out of the blue if i was from russia. i was like *quizzically* "no..." and she was like *surprised* "you're not?!" and im like "nope...." and she's like "you're from canada?!" and im like "yep...." and then, after taking a moment to apparently wrap her head around that, she said "you're so pale!". lol. im like "two things lady: ONE, im not that pale. and TWO, as far as i know, russia doesnt have a monopoly on paleness". except that i didnt say any of that because i thought it was funny and cute, and after all, i am rather proud of my paleness.
so there!

Last edited:
A Magnum ice cream bar with some Uncle Ray's pretzels on the side.

well chin up, gerritt! after all, it's only 4 more months till autumn! that's what i keep telling myself anyway. soon the cold weather will be upon us again, yay!
well ive discovered that im not much of a writer, cause i cant make up shit. now embellishing im good at, but making something out of nothing? cant do it.
but as it turns out i do have a couple of stories! the first involves grocery moz, because he's always entertaining in his goofy "i look like morrissey" kind of way. well for the last while he's had this nickname for me-- "robyn in the 'hood"--which apparently he thinks is really clever and fun because he insists on saying it every time i see him and really loudly too. well today i had to tell him it was in fact not cool at all but actually quite cheesy, as well as a bit embarrassing when he said it when people were around. i only said that to impress upon him how cool and refined i was that i would never come up with any such thing myself, but now i worry he thinks im not a good sport or something. i didnt mean that he couldnt still say it, because in actual fact, even though it's cheesy and embarrassing, i rather like it when he says it, because as with morrissey himself, his cheesiness is part of his charm. anyway, when he walked past me again he said with mock rigidness "hello robyn, how are you this evening?". so that was funny.
the second story takes place when i went into starbucks. the (east) indian lady working there asked me out of the blue if i was from russia. i was like *quizzically* "no..." and she was like *surprised* "you're not?!" and im like "nope...." and she's like "you're from canada?!" and im like "yep...." and then, after taking a moment to apparently wrap her head around that, she said "you're so pale!". lol. im like "two things lady: ONE, im not that pale. and TWO, as far as i know, russia doesnt have a monopoly on paleness". except that i didnt say any of that because i thought it was funny and cute, and after all, i am rather proud of my paleness.
so there!

You see? I love these little stories!
The way you describe it is funny, from a different angle, not hurtful but with some compassion, and humour mixed with a certain distance. What I like to call a "sociological" view. Sometimes with a bit of sarcasm but never hateful.

The lady at the Starbucks apparently wanted to make a compliment cause as many men think, not all, Russian ladies are the most attractive girls in the world.
Not especially for their pale skin. It was cute to say so.
I was once under the spell of a beautiful Russian girl and I adored her!
Still hope she's okay.

To keep my chin up, (I do have a rather prominent one, just like Moz) is creating another strange feeling.
Cause if I do, my eyes overlook most other people cause I am rather tall as well.
So I am staring in the air, looking quite arrogant and self assured, which I am not, well not always, and I noticed people don't like that. Some said it to me. It never occurred to me it would make that impression.

The "chin" remark you made, immediately reminded me of the song line in Mountjoy.
"I took his insults on the chin and never did I flinch".
That is how I want to be if I would be in a more or less similar situation.

To be on topic: :)
I made my own tomato/sweet red pepper soup.
With a lot of garlic and red onions.
Cut them all up roughly and put them in the oven and let them stay there for an hour and a half or so on 150 degrees (Celsius).
I mashes them with the foodmixer and it was delicious and sweet. No need for any other herbs or pepper.
Had some Italian bread with it from the oven, rubbed it with garlic, olive oil and seasalt.
And had a delicious, red, Italian wine with it.
A Rosso di Montalcino, the less expensive nephew from the same terroir and grapes, 100% sangiovese grapes, as the Brunello di Montelcino.
Salute Rifke! :thumb:

Last edited:
View attachment 41574
im going to have a few more of these before getting back to work

Gee lanterns, I didn't expect you would have more then one cause you are my heroine when it concerns healthy food and you know of course there is a whole lot of sugar in it.

As I suspect you would feel guilty about it, I reckon you would compensate for it, some way, or the other.
Tell us your secret, so we can all nibble on those delicious ice creams, like a bunny (Thinking about Rifke, as you can guess!) and so removing all guilt.

Or is that part of the attraction, in that case it is allowed but I secretly hope you don't recommend a fasting period. It would kill me! :(

I feel exactly like the pair of ya in regards to the sun so maybe we should build our own place way below the ground and create our own sun hating cult?

I feel exactly like the pair of ya in regards to the sun so maybe we should build our own place way below the ground and create our own sun hating cult?

Well, my fantasy immediately comes up with the image of 3 f***ing great, luxury iglo's connected through eachother with above ground icy hallways.
We could build a whole f***ing city!
Maybe, even with some help from science we could enjoy hibernation just like the bears!
:thumb:

Well, my fantasy immediately comes up with the image of 3 f***ing great, luxury iglo's connected through eachother with above ground icy hallways.
We could build a whole f***ing city!
Maybe, even with some help from science we could enjoy hibernation just like the bears!
:thumb:
I swap places with a bear every spring. He comes and wakes me up in late September.

Rest of the year I hang upside down with bats.

The way you describe it is funny, from a different angle, not hurtful but with some compassion, and humour mixed with a certain distance. What I like to call a "sociological" view. Sometimes with a bit of sarcasm but never hateful.

The lady at the Starbucks apparently wanted to make a compliment cause as many men think, not all, Russian ladies are the most attractive girls in the world.
Still hope she's okay.

To keep my chin up, (I do have a rather prominent one, just like Moz) is creating another strange feeling.
Cause if I do, my eyes overlook most other people cause I am rather tall as well.
So I am staring in the air, looking quite arrogant and self assured, which I am not, well not always, and I noticed people don't like that. Some said it to me. It never occurred to me it would make that impression.

The "chin" remark you made, immediately reminded me of the song line in Mountjoy.

Cut them all up roughly and put them in the oven and let them stay there for an hour and a half or so on 150 degrees (Celsius).
I mashes them with the foodmixer and it was delicious and sweet. No need for any other herbs or pepper.
Had some Italian bread with it from the oven, rubbed it with garlic, olive oil and seasalt.
A Rossi di Montalcino, the less expensive nephew from the same terroir and grapes, 100% sangiovese grapes, as the Brunello di Montelcino.
That reminds me of my english teacher who was a very tall and skinny man who travelled the world all his life until he died under a truck in his car.

He bought a bicycle for a russian girl when he was young and told the class all about it smiling. He remained single all his life but visited every corner of the world and showed us pictures from the deepest jungle of Africa where he visited a tribe that as a part of a ritual ate human flesh.

I'd like to one day see all his pictures from his travels that were on display in a gallery after his death and he was honoured by our royal family for his hobby that became his life.

it killed me once, and ive never fasted again. the ice cream is based on rice milk. dont know about the amount of sugar in it. i certainly love the crispy chocolate cover. guilt? no. just do it, man, we only live once.
Not fasted since I was in my teens and it was a lovely experience. Have been thinking about doing it again this summer cause it is better to do it during the warm part of the year.

That reminds me of my english teacher who was a very tall and skinny man who travelled the world all his life until he died under a truck in his car.

He bought a bicycle for a russian girl when he was young and told the class all about it smiling. He remained single all his life but visited every corner of the world and showed us pictures from the deepest jungle of Africa where he visited a tribe that as a part of a ritual ate human flesh.

I'd like to one day see all his pictures from his travels that were on display in a gallery after his death and he was honoured by our royal family for his hobby that became his life.

That is a good story!
So, I guess he was a life's adventurer and not a victim!
Wish I was more like that! Not that I feel like a victim.
But I don't feel like an adventurer as well.

Moz should change that lyric, offer the option of a hobby too!
So it goes: Victim, or life's adventurer, a hobbyseeker?
Which of the three are you?
In fact, he could leave the victim all out!

To be just a little bit pedantic, which I can be, I know, I don't like the word hobby.
So I reconstructed it, when I read your remark to adventure that became his life.
Thanks for the story!

Last edited:
it killed me once, and ive never fasted again. the ice cream is based on rice milk. dont know about the amount of sugar in it. i certainly love the crispy chocolate cover. guilt? no. just do it, man, we only live once.
i ate two cartons of haagen dazs on the premise that i was going to fast the next day and therefore why not? im not sure whether to feel guilty or not (other than for the fact of posting about a dairy product on a morrissey message board). i mean, it's not my fault they came out with this new amazing rhum caramel blondie flavour, after all. on the other hand my clothes have as of late gotten uncomfortably snug. i guess you could say i feel gross instead of guilty. i'd like to not have to go to work tomorrow but to sit around and watch movies whilst not eating until my pants are a bit looser, but alas, i must endure what i have created and face the music. ugh, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Still hope she's okay.

A Rosso di Montalcino, the less expensive nephew from the same terroir and grapes, 100% sangiovese grapes, as the Brunello di Montelcino.
oddly, i actually get asked if im russian a lot, but i always adopt a surprised tone when asked in the hopes somewhat might tell me why without my having to ask and thereby seeming self-interested. so far no one has ever really given me any hints other than my skin being pale. im pretty sure it doesnt have anything to do with beautiful women coming from russia. more likely it has to do with my big head, and face shape, with my cheekbones being the widest point of my face, which seems to be a russian thing. the thing about russians is they can either be very beautiful or very not beautiful, so im always a bit bewildered by the question.

well gerrit im glad i could oblige you with another story, hopefully that will satisfy you for a while.

your soup, im sorry to say, doesnt appeal to me at all. i hate onions and peppers! but the bread sounds delish!

That's okay Rifke!
Thanks for the story.
You know I won't bother you to write more!
They will appear or not.

By the way, you don't see any onions or red, sweet peppers cause they are all mashed up with the tomatoes.
Yoiu only see and taste the red sweetness of the tomatoes!
But maybe you don't like tomatoes either.
That's okay. :thumb:

Fresh bread (still warm) with olive paste and a glass of red wine. I could eat this all day every day. Only sex is better.

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom