What do you think about Morrissey's videoclips?

KaliYugaBlues

In my opinion videoclips were never the strong point for Morrissey, even when he was on The Smiths. All their clips seem pretty "random" i.e don't follow a concise storyline and when they do, it's a very shallow one like in "Everyday is Like Sunday". This is quite a nuisance for me, and I think Morrissey could have explored this resource more. But even if they don't make a lot of sense, one thing we can all agree: Morrisey's clips are aesthetically pleasing. This is a very strong point across all of them and I think this is why he videoclipped his music the way he did: the scenes were just a way to expand our aesthetic appreciation for his work to the eyes too, and not limit it to the ears.

What do you guys think?

In my opinion videoclips were never the strong point for Morrissey, even when he was on The Smiths. All their clips seem pretty "random" i.e don't follow a concise storyline and when they do, it's a very shallow one like in "Everyday is Like Sunday". This is quite a nuisance for me, and I think Morrissey could have explored this resource more. But even if they don't make a lot of sense, one thing we can all agree: Morrisey's clips are aesthetically pleasing. This is a very strong point across all of them and I think this is why he videoclipped his music the way he did: the scenes were just a way to expand our aesthetic appreciation for his work to the eyes too, and not limit it to the ears.

What do you guys think?
I think you're a transparent troll who just registered to make one hopelessly shallow generic point that could have been made about any artist whatsoever, and who will then go on to spam this board. So how about you f*** off back to spamland?

What do you guys think?

Skinny, the forum despot, disagrees so please find the exit as you will likely be immediately :banned:

What do you guys think?

Why do you watch just the clips?

Why not the whole video?

Surely you’ll enjoy them much more.

What do you guys think?

He's got a thing about not acting & he doesn't always love the camera - but, yeah, there's a lot he could do/have done with it.

Ouija Board is great but most of them seemed to be very halfhearted attempts just to produce a video for airplay. It really didn't matter what it was and would have been better if it was just a blank screen with the song playing.

Back
Top Bottom