What gender is Morrissey?

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Does anyone know what gender Morrissey is? Presumably we can rule out 'male' if we accept the lyrics of 'I'm Not a Man', but looking at lists on the interweb, that still leaves a few dozen options - any ideas?

Morrissey was asked this question in 2014:

Screenshot_20200707-152217_Chrome.jpg

That quip aside I think there have always been indications that he's on the nb-spectrum. I doubt he would ever adopt a corresponding label though, unless he came up with his own (which he already did to agree, especially in interviews in the 80s).

Morrissey is not a man in the same way that Jobriath is a man .....

:cool:

I wouldnt take something said in a lyric as anything definitive. I would assume that morrissey doesn’t believe in genders as anything physically based and probably disregards and avoids thought on the subject when going about his life. I’m guessing that morrissey is much more into naturalism and just considers himself human

This interview was in the similar threads bit.

It's relevant to his gender & his sexuality & his politics.

He's a cultural anarchist.

He wants society to not define or restrict whatever you feel at all, so you're whatever you are in the moment. Which could be anything. Or nothing.

I wouldnt take something said in a lyric as anything definitive. I would assume that morrissey doesn’t believe in genders as anything physically based and probably disregards and avoids thought on the subject when going about his life. I’m guessing that morrissey is much more into naturalism and just considers himself human

that is absurd.stop that

Hi,
Does anyone know what gender Morrissey is? Presumably we can rule out 'male' if we accept the lyrics of 'I'm Not a Man', but looking at lists on the interweb, that still leaves a few dozen options - any ideas?

That song takes apart 'toxic' masculinity and cultural norms but I think it's a stretch to infer from it that's he's not actually male.

Tony Wilson called him "a woman trapped in a man's body" but I think he has always identified as male - just.. not the man you think I am.

That song takes apart 'toxic' masculinity and cultural norms but I think it's a stretch to infer from it that's he's not actually male.

Tony Wilson called him "a woman trapped in a man's body" but I think he has always identified as male - just.. not the man you think I am.

im doing it again Amy. One of those phases of mine you chastised me for 😟

I don't think it's particularly because he's masculine that he's a man. It's the selfishness he exhibits, and a certain tacit acceptance (probably northern working class) that women are there as an emollient for men. It's ingrained.

That makes sense.

Morrissey - Gender - Ingrained Xenophobe

I don't think it's particularly because he's masculine that he's a man. It's the selfishness he exhibits, and a certain tacit acceptance (probably northern working class) that women are there as an emollient for men. It's ingrained.

h-u-s-h

If anyone can legitimately claim to gender identify as an attack helicopter, it would be Morrissey. He displays all the necessary characteristics: high flying, sees himself far above the common herd, frequently combative, launches stinging attacks at those he considers beneath him, and possesses a mighty weapon (allegedly). 🚁

:handpointright: :guardsman::handpointleft: and :handpointright::dancer::handpointleft: (aka The Mrs), who of the two is more macho::lbf:
( Darwinism detects BIG PROBLEMA here peeps:lbf:)

tumblr_p7g0k4Yb5S1rcxj4so1_250.png

Toxic masculinity vanished with the turn of the millenium. Pansies with manbuns?

He's clearly male but what his mind tells him is between him and his mind and it's f*** all to do with anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom