What part of a Smiths song gives you goosebumps?

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
I mean only goosebumps from Morrissey's tone or the way he sings a certain part. None of the music.

Rubber Ring
Unlovable
Well I wonder

Can't think of anymore right now!

sweetness522

My one true love
Come Back to Camden
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Now My Heart is Full
Jack the Ripper
The National Front Disco
You Know I Couldn't Last

"...With your trials and your charms while they're in each others arms." :tears:

"I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice. You can pin and mount me like a butterfly...":D

neurolempicka

I second Seasick. Unfortunately I've listen to each song about 50 billion times. Thinking about taking a break from old Moz for a very long time, so I can enjoy them like the first time.

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
"...With your trials and your charms while they're in each others arms." :tears:

"I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice. You can pin and mount me like a butterfly...":D

Wow me too! how strange! Hehe

I second Seasick. Unfortunately I've listen to each song about 50 billion times. Thinking about taking a break from old Moz for a very long time, so I can enjoy them like the first time.

I try to do that but it never works... :o

but I listen to a lot of other things and Morrissey ... I'm not a complete saddo. :p

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
The sky became mad with stars
As an out-stretched arm
slowly disappears.

(Confession: I always sang it "matte with stars" like the moon was the photo and the stars were the matte surrounding it, the earth the frame, etc, etc. :rolleyes:)

mozzia

Voluntary Member
Well I Wonder and Seasick. :) There are others I'm sure, but those are the 2 that immediately sprung to mind :)

mozziestar

aka the former "Seasick"
Seasick, yet still docked
Asleep
I am hated for loving

Not exactly goosebumps, but I like the way Moz says in shoplifters; 'A heartless hand on my shoulder. A push - and it's over,Alabaster crashes down,Six months is a long time,Tried living in the real world,Instead of a shell' ;)
I know it's over too and this night has opened my eyes, esp 'the dream has gone but the baby is real' part

Last edited:

klivert70

Gone to waste
The part when the little piano line comes in towards the end of 'Black eyed Susan'.
Gets me every time.

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
Not exactly goosebumps, but I like the way Moz says in shoplifters; 'A heartless hand on my shoulder. A push - and it's over,Alabaster crashes down,Six months is a long time,Tried living in the real world,Instead of a shell' ;)
I know it's over too and this night has opened my eyes, esp 'the dream has gone but the baby is real' part

Totally feel the same, and ''bored before I even began'' is just genius.

The wailing/singing at the end of rubber ring gets me everytime.

There is just something so magical about a haunting voice like his

Corrissey

lovable loser
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty.

The entire song, really, but especially the ending...It's a lot like life... :sweet: (I just got goosebumps thinking about it :o)

p.s. I'm glad we're all adhering to "Smiths songs" ;)

Top Bottom