What part of a Smiths song gives you goosebumps?

Ammunition, the entire song as well as Nobody Loves Us, esp "whack us then, hug us hard...NOOOOBODY loves us... and ...PRACTISING TROUBLEMAAKKEERRR!!!. Also Lucky Lisp, ...awwha ha ha ha ha ooohhhh and the da da da da da da's at the end. :)

"That joke isn't funny anymore.
It's too close to home and it's too near the bone.
More than you'll ever know"

From Everyday is like Sunday - trudging back over pebbles and sand.. and the strange dust lands on your hands, and on your face , on your faa..aaa..ace ....

Makes me shiver everytime !!

Yes this thread is only for THE SMITHS songs! Hehe

The dah dah dah dums at the end of Unlovable

''From the ice age, to the dole age, there is but one concern''

Most of real around the fountain

Oh of course the words that I can't understand at the end of Pretty Girls Make Graves

The beginning of Wonderful Woman

"...With your trials and your charms while they're in each others arms." :tears:D
I agree,
my heart stops at this point and my eyes well up.
you can't listen to Morrissey outdoors, at the gym or on the bus as you'll get emotional. that why he so precious to everyone.

yes and this part gets me "Ive seen this happen in other peoples Lives
And now its happening in mine"

Smiths songs - The opening pile-drving crashing chords of The Headmaster Ritual; the whole of Suffer Little Children.

Morrissey Songs - The mumbled de-tuned radio/railway station atmosphere at the beginning of I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday; the final guitar salvo of Children In Pieces.

Peter

For me, it's the beginning "Park the car at the side of the road ...descending drum beat... You should know..." and "Kick 'em when they fall down". Okay, it's the whole song :p That Joke is one of my fave Smiths songs.

Let's face it, many, if not all, of his songs give us goosebumps, that's why we love him so much. I have other favorites, but he's the only singer I feel that way about. His voice alone or with the music moves us and stirs our souls. I think I'm safe to speak for everyone. :D

For me it has to be either the opening lines of Reel Around the Fountain or This Charming Man.

I only need to hear the intros to both of those songs and I am immediately transported back to my teenage years. They sound as fresh, new and exciting to me now as they did when I was 16 and hearing them for the first time.

They both truly make the hairs on my arms stand on end.:)

Smiths alone it would have to be this from Rubber Ring -

But dont forget the songs
That made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, youre older now
And youre a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you

Closely followed by

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
well, when exactly do you mean?
see I've already waited too long
and all my hope is gone

and of course

Cash on the nail
It's just a fairytale
Oh ...
And I don't believe in magic anymore
Jeane

Out of everything it would have to be, Trouble Love Me

For me, it's the beginning "Park the car at the side of the road ...descending drum beat... You should know..." and "Kick 'em when they fall down". Okay, it's the whole song :p That Joke is one of my fave Smiths songs.

I agree.. from the very start until the first chorus, the way the lyrics are constructed and sung is just incredible.

I also get chills from meat is murder, because I feel like morrissey is singing with this kind of back-breaking empathy.

"And do you know, how animals die?"
________
macintosh games

Last edited:
the whole song^ kills me to be afraid..as well as last night i dreamt..goosenumbs galore ans asleep..he sounds so different there

"So, goodbye
Please stay with your own kind
And I'll stay with mine

There's something against us
It's not time "

I always wondered when that time was but he answers it himself in falsetto. When the world is whole.

Chilling song. My parents always asked me to turn it off, I'd play it over and over and over.

Almost every Smiths song gives goosebumps.

Back
Top Bottom