What part of a Smiths song gives you goosebumps?

The opening chords of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore. Lyrics to Well I Wonder and the whole of I Know It's Over when laid alone in a darkened room. Yes, even at my age I'm one of those Morrissey fans that lay alone in a darkened room!

"And I cried..." "I'd love to" - all that section. Actually much of that song. I like the whispery vocals. (Edit: From 'I'd Love To' as if you didn't already know)

The repeated "I never said" and hear the length of that "said" on Speedway. Not on this particular part of the song but overall you get quite whispery vocals on not just Speedway but actually the whole album and I like that. "I never said, I never said" - really tired of misinterpretation. Again, because it can sometimes adequately pinpoint the exact breathless feeling the listener may be experiencing.

Also the repeated "Oh mother I can feel the soil falling over my head" at the end of I Know It's Over - it can be a bit painful to listen to sometimes in the same way the end of Rock N Roll Suicide can be with Bowie but that's also what makes it so special (sounds like they really mean what they're saying).

Whole heartedly agree! Speedway is chilling!

The guitars on Paint a Vulgar Picture. And Well I Wonder, the part where he sings "gasping - dying- but somehow still alive". Lovely.

Not The Smiths but the last third of Trouble Loves Me that starts with "Trouble loves me, seeks and finds me, to charlatanise me" etc. etc. right the way to the piano at the end including "oh please fulfil me, otherwise kill me" and especially the drums at "can't get you out of my head".

"Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" intro and right the part when connects with the main melody and lyrics... Aaaawwwwff!!! Overwhelming!!

Not The Smiths but the last third of Trouble Loves Me that starts with "Trouble loves me, seeks and finds me, to charlatanise me" etc. etc. right the way to the piano at the end including "oh please fulfil me, otherwise kill me" and especially the drums at "can't get you out of my head".

Just listened to that song and that's the part I always can't wait for!

Bravo!

"Give in to lust, give up to lust, Heaven knows we'll soon be dust"

"Did I really walk all this way, just to hear you say 'Oh, I don't want to go out tonight'? 'I don't want to go out tonight.' Oh but you will.... for you must. I don't owe you anything-no-o. But you owe me something, repay me now"

"I'll never rest my hand on his sacred head"

"Hindley wakes and says: 'Whatever he has done, I have done'"

"Gasping, dying, but somehow still alive. This is the fierce last stand...." etc.

"Only With You"
"Wide To Receive"
"Angel Down We Go Again"

The musical moment in "Sheila Take A Bow" just before Morrissey starts singing, 'Take my hand and off we stride" - The Smiths at their musically uplifting best.

From "I Know It's Over" the words 'It's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate. It takes strength to gentle and kind'.

The Bassline/Chorus of "There Is A Light..."

THE QUEEN IS DEAD!

The harmonies on "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" When Moz strives in to 'I've seen this happen in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine'.

(To be continued....:p)

the climax of I know its over to the end when the light appears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pidoknWwpDs
now my heart is full
whole song the videotaped live version from 95
like when the firs tstage invader comes on stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfTTSr1CTW4
tht joke isnt funny anymore
wasnt quite ready before the pc shuts me down yesterday actually its esp the "I see this happen in other people`s lives" lineclimax..when i dont cry during this line i have at least major goosebumbs,,,
also the live version from the thnk you lucky stars (usa-CA 86) when he did his "uh...huhuhu. before the line "when they fall down" at "that joke"

also the I know its over liveversion from thesame cd (CA 86)..when he screams at the bouncer
"after a few lines of the song he stops and screamed at the bouncers who were treating the audience very rude obviously :"Jesus Christ! Don't be so stupid! Leave him alone, you stupid idiot! Leave him!"

i know its over,irvine meadows 86 http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=UYZF7VN1

thank you lucky stars-the complete irvine meadowsconcert:http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=UYZF7VN1

if that link isnt working here is another:
hank you lucky stars-the complete irvine meadowsconcert
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=10umII3b

also the seductive whispering on lifegúard sleeping...

now my heart is full his "so so so "ad libs at the end and the opening "tell all of my friends!"

the ad libs humming at the end of whatever hapens" esp in the live version

Last edited:
"and I've never felt so alive ... in whole of my life" etc.
from All The Lazy Dykes, it's breathtaking.

Yes yes yes yes that song is so breathtaking!

Wonderful Woman ''here her head she lay''

You've got everything now ''I just want to be tied, to the back of your car''

The hand that rocks the cradle ''climb on my knee sonny boy, although you're only three, sonny boy''

Unhappy Birthday ''behind, behind, from the one you left behind''

Back
Top Bottom