What part of a Smiths song gives you goosebumps?

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
I mean only goosebumps from Morrissey's tone or the way he sings a certain part. None of the music.

Rubber Ring
Unlovable
Well I wonder

Can't think of anymore right now!

Come Back to Camden
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Now My Heart is Full
Jack the Ripper
The National Front Disco
You Know I Couldn't Last

"...With your trials and your charms while they're in each others arms." :tears:

"I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice. You can pin and mount me like a butterfly...":D

I second Seasick. Unfortunately I've listen to each song about 50 billion times. Thinking about taking a break from old Moz for a very long time, so I can enjoy them like the first time.

"...With your trials and your charms while they're in each others arms." :tears:

"I dreamt about you last night and I fell out of bed twice. You can pin and mount me like a butterfly...":D

Wow me too! how strange! Hehe

I second Seasick. Unfortunately I've listen to each song about 50 billion times. Thinking about taking a break from old Moz for a very long time, so I can enjoy them like the first time.

I try to do that but it never works... :o

but I listen to a lot of other things and Morrissey ... I'm not a complete saddo. :p

The sky became mad with stars
As an out-stretched arm
slowly disappears.

(Confession: I always sang it "matte with stars" like the moon was the photo and the stars were the matte surrounding it, the earth the frame, etc, etc. :rolleyes:)

Well I Wonder and Seasick. :) There are others I'm sure, but those are the 2 that immediately sprung to mind :)

Seasick, yet still docked
Asleep
I am hated for loving

Not exactly goosebumps, but I like the way Moz says in shoplifters; 'A heartless hand on my shoulder. A push - and it's over,Alabaster crashes down,Six months is a long time,Tried living in the real world,Instead of a shell' ;)
I know it's over too and this night has opened my eyes, esp 'the dream has gone but the baby is real' part

Last edited:
The part when the little piano line comes in towards the end of 'Black eyed Susan'.
Gets me every time.

Not exactly goosebumps, but I like the way Moz says in shoplifters; 'A heartless hand on my shoulder. A push - and it's over,Alabaster crashes down,Six months is a long time,Tried living in the real world,Instead of a shell' ;)
I know it's over too and this night has opened my eyes, esp 'the dream has gone but the baby is real' part

Totally feel the same, and ''bored before I even began'' is just genius.

The wailing/singing at the end of rubber ring gets me everytime.

There is just something so magical about a haunting voice like his

I've Changed My Plea To Guilty.

The entire song, really, but especially the ending...It's a lot like life... :sweet: (I just got goosebumps thinking about it :o)

p.s. I'm glad we're all adhering to "Smiths songs" ;)

Back
Top Bottom