What song are you listening to right now?

pj harvey - is this desire?

om du var här - kent (actually, this is the first time I'm listening to Kent..)

the beatles - strawberry fields forever

great song :)

antony & the johnsons - virgin mary

WOW!

wolve said:
antony & the johnsons - virgin mary

WOW!
Hey, you like Antony! Do you know anything about the Bjørk/Anthony duet? Somebody mentioned they would sing a duet on her next album.. But I cannot find any information about it.. When it'll be released etc..
I'm soooo looking forward to this!

Hey bikubesong. Yes, I like Antony a lot! I'm sorry though, I can't help you since I haven't got any info about it...Is it official? Is it on their websites? Patience, friend :)

Currently listening to: Joan As Policewoman (the Real Life-cd)

lloyd cole - the young idealists

Liefste Johan, als 't niet was dat ik zo gehecht ben geraakt aan je, dan kreeg je een slag op je poep. ;)

Check alle onderwerpen op de site! :)
hierzo, maar ik weet niet of je aan het downloaden van muziek bent?

(ik vind het overigens wel leuk om es geen Engels te praten, hihi :) )

@andy: if you're talking about love between a child and a man... :)

wolve said:
@andy: if you're talking about love between a child and a man... :)

NOOOOOOO!!!

Wolve, I was starting to like you........

I'll defend him/them (???) all the way on this one.

Taken from a 'Smiths' website, that we all know and love.....

This haunting tune is often interpreted as referring to child abuse, and it's easy to see why : "I once had a child", "Although you're only three", "you're mine", "together we lie", and the general tone of threatening care. Of course, it's only an interpretation as it could very well be entirely innocent.
Even if that is intended, and there's little doubt that Morrissey could miss the meaning, it's hardly immoral (assuming you accept such a thing as morality anyway) : a song about a situation doesn't condone the situation. The whole child-abuse fiasco is just patently ridiculous; no matter how "dodgy" the lyrics may be in places, it has no bearing on Morrissey's or the group's opinions.
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle is actually one of the first songs that Morrissey & Marr penned. It was played at The Smiths' first rehearsal session with Steve Pomfret, the guitarist who first introduced Morrissey to Johnny.

Look, honey, that discussion has been started and almost never ended for like a billion times.
In my opinion, M. handles the subject of child abuse. Though, when I heard one quote of Morrissey: "One remains a child till he gets into a relation with another one" I began to believe it was a love song as well. But lyrics like "and your mother, she just never knew etc" and " you're only three" really got it confusing again. The way Morrissey describes this whole situation, and you can't lie: he romantacizes it, makes you have another opinion upon this abuse. I'm still not sure about what it really is, but the words Morrissey uses and how he describes things in that song are really touching and moving. I sometimes feel sorry for liking it.
But hey, andy, that's what I feel when I listen to it. The greatness to Morrissey songs: so many interprations: everybody gets his share.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom