What song/s are you obsessed with at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard 'Third Finger Left Hand' by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas played on the radio a few nights ago, and it hasn't left my brain yet.
Such a gorgeous melody. It's beautiful and melancholy in that cracking bittersweet way. Supposed to be a song about finally marrying the boy of your dreams, but the vocal is shot through with a kind of sublime regret.
The DJ played it after 'American English' by Idlewild, during whose interminable duration I spent ranting at the radio at how Bob Dylan had alot of sins to answer for ~ namely that he legitimised every god-awful sixth form poet spewing their pointless little epiphanies all over some cack-handed chord progression. As the song faded I found myself yelling 'But where's the melody? Where is the bloody beauty?' The DJ answered thus ~
"At last my dreams come true
Today he said "I do"
Friends said it couldn't be done
But all his love I know I've won
'Cause 3rd finger, left hand
That's where he placed the wedding band ..."
:guitar:

Love at first listen!
I didn't realize it was a cover of a 60's French pop song, which makes sense to me now. A perfect Valentine song. :)
This band will be touring with British Sea Power in the States beginning in March.

listening to alot of jethro tull lately. especially 'songs from the wood' era tull.

Lately, I've been obsessed with old-skool Judas Priest, from Stained Class to the Turbo era. Their recent stuff is just crap, but Halford's solo material isn't too bad.

Back
Top Bottom