Whatever happened to Julia?

TTY was active from the fanzine days of 2004 right through to late 2017 before ceasing (Central is about 14 months old).
Julia was spotted regularly at gigs, then vanished.
This appeared to coincide with the appearance & increased use of Morrissey Central and then ultimately TTY being removed from advertising and all statements going through SER.
It's pure conjecture to suggest arguments, being broke or feeling put out by another announcement site etc... - we will probably never know.
Does it really matter?
Without trying to sound harsh, her 'story' was not what drew anyone to her site and the gig reports were seldom glowing if Morrissey spoke directly to her on stage.
The information (especially Morrissey quotes/statements) is still accessible and will live on in one form or other ;)
Regards,
FWD.
Of course it matters! I don't think you can be the kind of fanatic she was and just come to your senses. No one really cares about her or the nephew in particular but the way Morrissey does things and allows things to be done there was probably some "note left on the windshield" level event that would keep this section of the site buzzing for weeks.

It was 2017 and Julia and Morrissey decided to live in a tree house, but Julia thought that Morrissey was too argumentative and pushed him out of the tree house.
On the next day S.E.R. showed up at the tree house and told Julia that Morrissey's mom did not want her to see Morrissey, because getting pushed out of the tree house had made Morrissey cancel a concert due to a mysterious accident.

Julia got sad and purchased a PETA-approved vegan snake as her pet, but the snake could not replace Morrissey, so she purchased the tombs of Oscar Wilde and James Dean.

Finally, she became a fan of Adele and moved to a mansion with 100 rooms and she is still trying to find the door as to get out of it.

She was seen going into Morrissey's dressing room

Yada yada yada upon the door was scrawled in black paint JUNKY SCUM

Any updates? I hope she’s okay. I need to know if there was a note on the windshield level of that, if there was. It would be a nice distraction from current events, but I seriously hope she is OK.

She was seen going into Morrissey's dressing room

Yada yada yada upon the door was scrawled in black paint JUNKY SCUM

Lol !

Now Morrissey is a ‘junky’ ?! o_Odoh:

Just add it to the list of false accusations and assumptions made by haters and trolls.

I often wonder about Julia. A very particular and misunderstood soul. A lot of people really hated her and sometimes rightfully so. She could be very rude and had a real sense of entitlement with Morrissey. I was never on the receiving end of that, though. She was exceptionally kind and generous with me and a couple other people I would sometimes travel with. I've always hoped to run into her again somewhere. I'm very curious how she feels about Morrissey in 2020, as she was a real diehard Buddhist liberal type.

She was used until she was used up, spat up, then grew up, and was left to grapple with whether or not devoting her entire waking life to a fallible hero figure was a good way to spends a few decades of her life.

Or she's suffering an illness that is a private matter. But I believe it's the first one, because the total silence from Steve is suspicious.

I reckon this place is like an accident on the 5, you want to look away, but you just can't.

I reckon the lady at California Son Day in Moz Angeles is the California Son's real estate agent who stated to the California Son "Are you going to run for mayor of LA?" Julia is younger. I was there delusional loonies.

I reckon the last I saw Julia was the Hollywood Palladium residency when she was barging her way to the front row before the concert bumping in to everyone just looking forward not saying anything. I remember seeing a fat Mexican gang member girl grab her hair and throw her down to the concrete floor. Reckon Julia blew through her trust fund stalking the California Son around the world and can't afford it anymore twat c*** tit chipper curry tossey wanker lot imposter getting bread inn nnn n nnnn n n nnn nnn it.

She follows Billy Bragg now instead. Front row, every concert he does, anywhere in the world.

I've witnessed her antics with others, and she once tried to turn a deaf one when a group of 4 of us walked along a row up front to take our seats. I was surprised how intimidated she was on that occasion as I've seen her really pull some stunts. She had her lacky with her who tried to say something to us, but was told very sternly to clear off. And they did. I think it was because of the nature of the venue. Everyone sat in their seats until the intro, even on the front row. Her little trick failed her.

I still recall that she hung around the side and got her position further along. Her mate didn't though.

Funny how things are perceived.
I recall how the mother from Wigan of the dreadful daughter who embarrassed herself at the Goteborg book signing, making stories up about Julia: and how Julia got her and her Jez banned from a few places
The thing is. Jez himself was kicked out of the gig at Cambridge in 09 by Morrissey himself
The daughter has made a fool of herself on many occasions and the mother: well. Where to begin.
Turn up 3 minutes before the start of a gig. Crawl down the side wall, then manoeuvre across the front. Kicking, punching and elbowing anyone who gets in her way. Horrible and vile
She’s alright is Jules

Stop worrying, she is fine. She got married to an impressionist painter and the two of them opened a sanctuary for anti-fascist nudist vegan ponies... And the horses are happy, Julia is happy, Morrissey is happy and that's it.

Funny how things are perceived.
I recall how the mother from Wigan of the dreadful daughter who embarrassed herself at the Goteborg book signing, making stories up about Julia: and how Julia got her and her Jez banned from a few places
The thing is. Jez himself was kicked out of the gig at Cambridge in 09 by Morrissey himself
The daughter has made a fool of herself on many occasions and the mother: well. Where to begin.
Turn up 3 minutes before the start of a gig. Crawl down the side wall, then manoeuvre across the front. Kicking, punching and elbowing anyone who gets in her way. Horrible and vile
She’s alright is Jules

The antics of a family from Leigh, who admittedly were extremely jealous of Julia because Morrissey only ever acknowledged her, does not mean that Julia was “alright”. She wasn’t. Her behaviour was appalling, as was her sense of entitlement.

Jez was ejected from the Cambridge gig for yelling that Julie was a “c***” at Morrissey whilst he once again singled her out in the crowd. Whilst Jez shouted this, half of the assembled fans were audibly groaning at Morrissey because it really had got to that stage where people were bored of it. Of course by stopping the gig, declaring Julia as his “friend” and throwing Jez out, the crowds didn’t groan as loud at future gigs.

All of this said. The oddest thing I’ve ever seen is the sight of Jez being thrown out of a gig one minute, then the next, his own daughter fawning and clamouring to touch the man who ordered it. That was very strange indeed, and quite a few people commented about it at the time.

Returning to Julia. It was Morrissey who created the Monster, both actual and perceived. He fuelled her sense of entitlement whilst at the same time turning his other fans against her by the monotony of his nightly Julia moments that we all had to share.

All of this is history to me now. A former tour stalwart since The Smiths days, this long chapter of my life is over. I’ve been to far more gigs than most, and believe me, I’m happy to end it.

Having spent time with Julia in the past and getting to know her on a fairly personal level, I really, really cannot see her approving of, or putting up with the shit that has come out of Morrissey’s mouth the last few years. Whether this has anything to do with the timing of her not being around, I don’t know, but I do know that she was very liberal and a devoted Buddhist. Just can’t see her accepting 2020 Morrissey.

Having spent time with Julia in the past and getting to know her on a fairly personal level, I really, really cannot see her approving of, or putting up with the shit that has come out of Morrissey’s mouth the last few years. Whether this has anything to do with the timing of her not being around, I don’t know, but I do know that she was very liberal and a devoted Buddhist. Just can’t see her accepting 2020 Morrissey.

Same here. I liked Julia, we went back a long way. Wherever she is I hope she is ok

Back
Top Bottom