What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I started reading
Lunar_park.jpg

this book, lost it, found it, then lost it again :eek:
so I bought it again :o & am re-reading from the start and its pretty good :thumb:
also, I am hoping that reading this will hold me over til June when his new book comes out:
Imperial Bedrooms*
its a sequel to Less Than Zero :guitar:

*=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Bedrooms

Hey, I read that book and liked it. :thumb:

I'm reading:

girl_dragon_tattoo1.jpg

Well, okay, I haven't started it yet. I've only read the first page so far. I've been too TIRED to get going on a novel. But it's the book sitting on my nightstand waiting to be read. And, when I randomly flipped through it and stopped on a page, there was some shit about some chick being handcuffed, so I think it might be worth reading. :thumb:

Last edited:
Ursula K.Le Guin - Earthsea(trilogy)

Last edited:
A Room of Their Own: The Bloomsbury Artists in American Collections, and also The Yet Unknown Hundertwasser. I asked and got them for Xmas. :)

green_room.jpg
516uid43GyL__SL500_AA240_.jpg

Laforgue. Jules Laforgue, that is, not the charlatan/clairvoyant/psychiatrist from Germany, Poland or Austria.

Nick Hornby's Juliet, Naked. I can't put this book down and I'm not nearly halfway done with it. It also has a strong reference for obsessed forumites, ha.

The End of The Affair - Graham Greene

How do you like it? I read Brighton Rock and enjoyed it very much but when I tried reading another one of his novels (I have forgotten the title) it moved too slowly.

Last edited:
How do you like it? I read Brighton Rock and enjoyed it very much but when I tried reading another one of his novels (I have forgotten the title) it moved too slowly.

I'm really enjoying it, it's the first one I have read. I'm going to try to pick up Brighton Rock somewhere.

Scoop by Evelyn Waugh

One of those books I've been meaning to read for ages and I'm very glad I am. Laugh out loud funny. A satire of sensationalist journalism and foreign correspondence.

(wikipedia)

William Boot, a young man who lives in genteel poverty far from the iniquities of London, writes a nature column for a national newspaper. He is dragooned into becoming a foreign correspondent when the editors of the aptly named Daily Beast mistake him for a novelist who shares his surname. He is sent to the fictional African state of Ishmaelia where a civil war threatens to break out. There, despite his total ineptitude, he accidentally manages to get the "scoop" of the title. .

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom