What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

0385121679.jpg

I've seen the Kubrick film and the tv miniseries and found both wanting. I was looking for some entertaining light reading, and I've enjoyed a number of his other books, (It, Skeleton Crew, Night Shift, Silver Bullet, Four Past Midnight, Cujo, Christine,) so I thought I'd give the novel a try.

"The Secret Language of Birthdays".

"Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche"

Haruki Murakami

Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy.

I love this book but it is thoroughly depressing, like all Thomas Hardy. I've just finished The Kindly Ones by Jonathan Littell. I thoroughly recommend it. A fictional autobiography by a SS officer. It's uncomfortable and ugly and not for the faint hearted, but very fascinating.

And The Ass Saw The Angel, by Nick Cave. I think I mentioned it before, but I put it down for a few months.

Johnathan Meades - Pompey

And The Ass Saw The Angel, by Nick Cave. I think I mentioned it before, but I put it down for a few months.

It took me months to get through it, for the first time. The following one was easier ;)

I've just done the Twilight thing, just to see what is it all about - only the first part. Oh my God. Almost unreadible, I'm done with it :sick:

I've picked Brian Aldiss' Non stop up from the shelf, again.

And I have Un certain sourire (I don't know what's the English title) by Francoise Sagan by my bed, about to finish tonight.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom