When things are going really, really badly - what do you do to turn it around?

Mad Vespa

Obviously I stick Mozz/Smiths on quite loud. I also try to list my blessings. Have a bath - always helps.

Any further suggestions welcome :)

Obviously I stick Mozz/Smiths on quite loud. I also try to list my blessings. Have a bath - always helps.

Any further suggestions welcome :)

Talk to friends/family/God...anyone really. God is especially good for ranting to when things out of your control are making life difficult, I find :o

I go to one of several nature preserves nearby. I hike deep into the woods and just sit, silently, listening to the birds and the wind in the trees. There are a few large streams/small rivers that are tricky to cross.

Being in nature, hearing nothing but natural sounds, it's very comforting to me, and it always clears my head and helps to put everything into perspective.

If the dog is with me, it's even better. :)

Good luck to you.

^I agree with all above (well, except for Mafia Wars)

I also look at beautiful things (art, jewelry, etsy, fashion, old things)

I shop at antique stores.

Try to do something creative.

Watch old movies.

Also watching crap reality TV shows always helps me feel better about my life. Cops. LockUp RAW. etc......

Long walk on the hills, a few beers, a good night's sleep, and a hug from someone you love.

P.

Music and booze.

One without the other can have the reverse affect though.

its not!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr0W3V8HT7c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr0W3V8HT7c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Tea or espresso. I find that the ritual of making either is somewhat therapeutic for me... Especially if I'm making it for someone else, or to share it with someone else.

Tea or espresso. I find that the ritual of making either is somewhat therapeutic for me... Especially if I'm making it for someone else, or to share it with someone else.

Is tea as a calming influence as coffee? I mean I've never liked tea, and I know it has caffeine in it, but by very definition it can't have as much as coffee has in it. Hmmmmmm, I'm a superb tea maker for other people, but I can't stand the stuff personally. Are tea makers quite vehemently opposed to coffee as we are to you?

-A walk (although last time I did that I nearly got lost in a swamp, so maybe it's not the best solution :squiffy:)
-Good music.
-Lots of tea and a book.
-Doing anything creative.
-Going to the theatre.
-Watching funny movies. Carry Ons always do the trick. :thumb:
-A bath.
-A really close friend to just talk to. I can't be around loads of people when I'm upset or really angry, but one person whose company I enjoy is a really calming experience for me.

Last edited:
Is tea as a calming influence as coffee? I mean I've never liked tea, and I know it has caffeine in it, but by very definition it can't have as much as coffee has in it. Hmmmmmm, I'm a superb tea maker for other people, but I can't stand the stuff personally. Are tea makers quite vehemently opposed to coffee as we are to you?

I don't know the answers to all of this. I just know that when all seems chaotic and dreadful to me, making a pot of tea or some "espresso" in my moka pot and preparing cups of the stuff for someone I care about kind of resets me and makes me feel better. Because I am an unstructured person, sometimes domestic rituals are more comforting than bothersome. Sometimes.

I don't know the answers to all of this. I just know that when all seems chaotic and dreadful to me, making a pot of tea or some "espresso" in my moka pot and preparing cups of the stuff for someone I care about kind of resets me and makes me feel better. Because I am an unstructured person, sometimes domestic rituals are more comforting than bothersome. Sometimes.

Latte's are where its at, man! ;)

Hmm, not sure. I personally HATE coffee with a passion, so I'm vehemently opposed to it, but I don't know about everyone else. Red bush tea is also quite nice, but something of an acquired taste. I find the making and drinking of tea very soothing, but I'm very particular about it. I always use two sweeteners (never sugar), and put those in with the teabag before the water and milk. I also never make myself tea in anything but a cup and saucer- partly because I can't drink a whole mug at a time, and partly because I just like the feeling of a teacup in my hands. I'm still trying to find a decent cup and saucer set for cheap though.

Ok, tea ramble over. :D

Hmm, not sure. I personally HATE coffee with a passion, so I'm vehemently opposed to it, but I don't know about everyone else. Red bush tea is also quite nice, but something of an acquired taste. I find the making and drinking of tea very soothing, but I'm very particular about it. I always use two sweeteners (never sugar), and put those in with the teabag before the water and milk. I also never make myself tea in anything but a cup and saucer- partly because I can't drink a whole mug at a time, and partly because I just like the feeling of a teacup in my hands. I'm still trying to find a decent cup and saucer set for cheap though.

Ok, tea ramble over. :D

I bet time just f***ing flies by at your house

Back
Top Bottom