Where is this WPINOYB reissue?

fredkocherpepsi

It's almost November.

I'm guessing delayed. Can't imagine if they had a date that they wouldn't have announced it by now

I'm guessing delayed. Can't imagine if they had a date that they wouldn't have announced it by now

Agreed. I hope that the Joan of Arc backdrop and imagery means that "plans remain in place" like TTY said, but it seems a little unlikely Moz is gonna pull a Beyoncé and (re)unleash it to the world with no notice.

It's almost November.
Have you thought about sending a friendly FB message to Sam or Boz or Gustavo asking one of them on the status? They all three posted on this initially, which is how us fans learned of it.

Just a thought...maybe they'll say something.

Last edited:
Good call re: hitting them up. I'll consider it haha

And yes, I'd rebuy even if it's just a different cover. I'm a sucker. I do wonder if they'll at least unearth those "French mixes" for the b sides.

But would you buy it though, if it was the same except for the Joan of Arc front cover?
Just curious.

I would definitely buy it again! Not only for the new cover, but to show support to Morrissey and maybe help fund the new new album.

And yes, I'd rebuy even if it's just a different cover. I'm a sucker. I do wonder if they'll at least unearth those "French mixes" for the b sides.

See, there's already two copies sold right there! :thumb::guitar:

Agreed. I hope that the Joan of Arc backdrop and imagery means that "plans remain in place" like TTY said, but it seems a little unlikely Moz is gonna pull a Beyoncé and (re)unleash it to the world with no notice.

Have you thought about sending a friendly FB message to Sam or Boz or Gustavo asking one of them on the status? They all three posted on this initially, which is how us fans learned of it.

Just a thought...maybe they'll say something.

I can't remember much about the initial statement but didn't it say they were working out a distribution deal or something. I'm guessing its taking a big longer. Sending a message would be a good idea but I don't do any social media myself though i encourage those who do to ask on our behalf thanks In advance etc

Good call re: hitting them up. I'll consider it haha

And yes, I'd rebuy even if it's just a different cover. I'm a sucker. I do wonder if they'll at least unearth those "French mixes" for the b sides

No criticism at all here, from my part cause why should I if you enjoy yourself!
Is it also for, lets say, completest reasons? I can really understand that.
If there are those French mixes, I will be in doubt, so I'm a sucker too, ha.
I just don't care.[/QUOTE]

I will buy it as I never bought the vinyl first time round.thats three copies.hope its not a bare bones release.

But would you buy it though, if it was the same except for the Joan of Arc front cover?
Just curious.
I wouldn't. I have the deluxe version already. I'm not buying the same thing just because the cover is different. If there was a bonus CD with acoustic versions or live versions of the songs then I would consider buying it. Even then I would wait for it drop in price.

Moz (or perhaps the record companies) have been notoriously bad when it comes to value for money: the DVDs have been extremely vanilla (e.g. The Malady Lingers On), zillions of 'Greatest Hits' CDs, album reissues with sweet f all extras, one hour long concerts, etc etc. Compare that to a group like The Cure who released a 3CD version of Disintegration and who play in concert for 4 hours sometimes. Now that's how you do it.

Moz isn't the only one making music. I'd prefer to spend my money on the latest New Order or Pixies album instead of buying the same thing twice.

Wasn't there a live version of WPINOYB being proposed at one point? As for The Cure, I would pay more for an hour of Moz than their whole back catalogue.

Been listening to lots of Moz live shows and he is really excellent. His worst is better than most bands best.

I suspect it will *never* come out, if Morrissey has to pay to have it released himself. My feeling is that cover was put out there as a desperate attempt to temp some interest from the record labels, who, obviously, still have no interest in re-issuing it.

The only way a re-release would make any money is if it's bundled with some extras (I'm guessing a live album recorded direct from the soundboard would be the cheapest option).

I suspect it will *never* come out, if Morrissey has to pay to have it released himself. My feeling is that cover was put out there as a desperate attempt to temp some interest from the record labels, who, obviously, still have no interest in re-issuing it.

The only way a re-release would make any money is if it's bundled with some extras (I'm guessing a live album recorded direct from the soundboard would be the cheapest option).

Like I said in the previous thread it's probably about digital sales, however much the amount, rather than trying to sell lots of physical copies. I doubt there will be a whole lot of extras as I don't think there are many. They could always just sell the deluxe edition for the regular cd price which might entice those who just got the standard but I don't know how much a live recording would really appeal in today's YouTube world. Some of them are pretty nice in quality even the live show found on this site recently. Signing a bunch, and I don't mean an auto sign, would probably sell more than a live show

I was wondering about this last night. Being that I can't see him also putting money in to advertise the re-release, what I've been wondering is if they'll just stick up a notice on TTY, maybe have a link to sell it online somewhere (Mporium?), and start having them available at shows. I can't imagine there will be any additional, unreleased versions - although I'd also love a recent live recording, preferably one that Sam hasn't already put on YouTube.

I wouldn't. I have the deluxe version already. I'm not buying the same thing just because the cover is different. If there was a bonus CD with acoustic versions or live versions of the songs then I would consider buying it. Even then I would wait for it drop in price.

Moz (or perhaps the record companies) have been notoriously bad when it comes to value for money: the DVDs have been extremely vanilla (e.g. The Malady Lingers On), zillions of 'Greatest Hits' CDs, album reissues with sweet f all extras, one hour long concerts, etc etc. Compare that to a group like The Cure who released a 3CD version of Disintegration and who play in concert for 4 hours sometimes. Now that's how you do it.

Moz isn't the only one making music. I'd prefer to spend my money on the latest New Order or Pixies album instead of buying the same thing twice.
Whoever is in charge of his strategy seems to depend on a core fanbase who will buy anything he releases rather than trying to add something to catch the attention of casual listeners, or give some real reason to repurchase something you bought two years ago. Everyone listens to the files anyway, not the physical media.

I will not pay a single penny for any release that contains "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle".

I will not pay a single penny for any release that contains "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle".

Maybe if he makes a minor lyrical change, Kiss the Bride Down the Aisle, you would? :D
Could be the first version anyway before it was recorded. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom