Where is this WPINOYB reissue?

I do think Moz will eventually want/get this album back in circulation. It's a fine piece of work and as an artist I doubt he'd want it to have been a wasted effort by letting it die. He was somewhat complicit in the album's failure by failing to appreciate that record labels have necessarily had to become stingier as revenue from the sale of music continues to vanish. There is without a doubt plenty of distributors that would do a P & D (Press & Distribute) on this album since it didn't cost them anything to record it BUT if Moz wants an unreasonable royalty advance for that P&D he's going to find it next to impossible. Mainly because the material is out there up for grabs and the vinyl market while making a comeback is still quite small. He should just be reasonable and let a good distributor make it available again and concentrate on recording his next album on his own dime. He then forms his own label BUT uses a major distributor like Universal. He would make way more money for record sales this way. The old way of doing things is pretty much dead unless you're a Metallica or Beyonce. Labels need to make money and paying for EVERYTHING means no to little profit unless you can sell a million records. Your typical record deal is too risky and an established artist like Moz won't do a 360 deal like up and comers do where the label gets a piece of everything (record sales, merchandise, publishing and tour ticket sales). Damnit I hope he works it out 'cause I'm jones-ing for a new Morrissey album!!

Well he mentioned working on a distribution deal for the reissue so maybe it'll be a dry run for a self released new album. I feel like if he were close to releasing new music we'd have heard something from somewhere about recording but who knows maybe he'll surprise drop an album as well. Despite all the label fiasco weird release and then pull business world peace I thought did well. Charted well and I think was well liked by fans. Really curious to hear new songs as Gustavo is now a confident solid member and Jesse turned in his best songs yet. Feel like the band is on a roll and very cohesive at the moment. All this time on the road has got to help there playing as well so here's hoping

Are you Gus's son???

I don't think record companies ever really pay for anything. It is all returned eventually from proceeds from record sales. Obviously it is riskier to advance Morrissey any money as it is far from certain he will sell shit loads of products like B*****e and M*******a. Record companies have got stingier. They certainly used to take more risks with advances etcetera. Apparently The Go-Betweens never struggled to get record deals and were given money to tour the world and they never made enough money to pay back their advances but the record companies took that risk. It doesn't happen like that today.

There is without a doubt plenty of distributors that would do a P & D (Press & Distribute) on this album since it didn't cost them anything to record...

I'm not so sure about that. Personally, as a distributor I wouldn't be willing to finance a re-issuing physical copies of 'World Peace' unless there is some kind of previously unreleased music exclusive to this version - if it's just a new cover artwork I'm not sure what the sales draw is, or who I would sell it to. The album only came out a couple of years ago, and despite the bust up with the label it's still incredibly easy to buy physical copies of the Harvest release (a quick look at amazon.co.uk reveals the CD is currently selling new at £7, and in the US Amazon it's going for $9.49) - so, where is the market? Maybe press a very limited number of vinyl with the new cover as a collector's edition (Record Store Day maybe?), but who wants to fill warehouses with thousands of new CDs and LPs when they still haven't managed to sell through the pressings of the Harvest release?

Yeah maybe they'll do the deluxe version at regular cd price or maybe put a new song single on it to both promote the new album and help sell the reissue. Kinda like they did with the best of and all you need is me

Yeah maybe they'll do the deluxe version at regular cd price or maybe put a new song single on it to both promote the new album and help sell the reissue. Kinda like they did with the best of and all you need is me

But I already have de deluxe CD version of WPINOYB!
Mind you, I am a sucker too, like many fans and not ashamed to admit that.
I would buy it only, if there could be smuggled in a few barks from Paula the dog. :D

Now, is that too much to ask?! :squiffy:
There already is a wealth of unusual sounds, didgeridoo and so on, just 3 little barks from Paula the dog would satisfy my soul. :brows:

Yeah some will have it but I don't think there's any other material to add and if they put a new song on, one that'll be on a ne album, they won't have to pay for a one off recording. They can just use it later. Guess they could add maybe a bunch of live stuff but live material isn't the draw that extra studio songs are. Maybe some interesting demos if there are any like acoustic versions etc

Yeah some will have it but I don't think there's any other material to add and if they put a new song on, one that'll be on a ne album, they won't have to pay for a one off recording. They can just use it later. Guess they could add maybe a bunch of live stuff but live material isn't the draw that extra studio songs are. Maybe some interesting demos if there are any like acoustic versions etc

Well, I wouldn't mind extra live versions from It's Hard To Walk Tall, When You're Small, What She Said, Judy Is A Punk, Action Is My Middle Name, Ganglord, Have-A-Go Merchant, You're The One For Me Fatty, Fatty, Certain People I Know and Because Of My Poor Education.
Or a selection.

Idealy, I would love to see the reissue coupled with the Live at Madison Square Garden recording from last year that was heavily rumoured.

That or include the 'french mixes' of the songs that exist + the tracks he played live that didn't make it (kids a looker etc)

Great question... I don't even think any journos have asked him about it either in those recent interviews.

Back
Top Bottom