Which record label should release "Bonfire Of Teenagers"?

Not necessarily. How come Moz can't get a deal? People are sick of his bunker-generated right-wing rabbit-hole nonsense. If your argument were correct, the public at large would be clamouring for his product, and record companies would be falling over themselves to offer a deal. But they're not. Could it possibly be that people don't like bigots? I could be wrong though, and there could be some very well-known folk out there espousing right-wing advocacies who have had terrific commercial success. Apart from Ted Nugent, I can't think of any, so if you can think of other successful right-wingers in entertainment, please go ahead.
There are and have been other right wing rockers in the biz. Here are some more examples:

Johnny Ramone
Alice Cooper (though he doesn't like to endorse any political parties publicly)
Kid Rock
Johnny Lydon (he recently defended Donald Trump in an interview about him wearing a MAGA cap)
Mike Stock (former producer for Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley and countless other late 80's dance pop icons)

Also, I don't think Morrissey is strictly 'right wing' in his political outlook. He has publicly dissed Donald Trump, and has also denounced racism - especially as he has collaborated with black musicians, Asian musicians and most of his backing band are of Latin American descent.
He is just not slavish to either wings of the policitcal spectrum, unlike a lot of entertainers and musicians out there who are left wing especially the younger generations.

UK journalism is currently having this fight 👇 over the Spectator publishing yet more racist crap.

20211129_223014.jpg

There are and have been other right wing rockers in the biz. Here are some more examples:

Johnny Ramone
Kid Rock
Johnny Lydon (he recently defended Donald Trump in an interview about him wearing a MAGA cap)
Mike Stock (former producer for Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley and countless other late 80's dance pop icons)

Also, I don't think Morrissey is strictly 'right wing' in his political outlook. He has publicly dissed Donald Trump, and has also denounced racism - especially as he has collaborated with black musicians, Asian musicians and most of his backing band are of Latin American descent.
He is just not slavish to either wings of the policitcal spectrum, unlike a lot of entertainers and musicians out there who are left wing especially the younger generations.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being a pop star and having right-wing views. There are tons more people that could be added to your list above. The problem is that the Smiths had an aesthetic (pretty much entirely created by Morrissey) that embraced sensitivity, compassion, empathy, anti-violence, anti-militarism, anti-royalty, anti-corporate, anti-Thatcher etc. Virtually none of these characteristics applies to any of the artists you mention. For the person who created that aesthetic to then go and publicly urge people to vote for a far-right political group was just ... well, we all know what's happened as a result.
He doesn't of course have consistently right-wing views. He's largely drawn to mavericks which has included Galloway, Sanders and (if a little vaguely) Corbyn. But he's endorsed/defended/praised so many nasty right-wing f***ers in recent years, that it's the only thing that's really stuck in people's minds, and can be backed up way too easily with quotes when any disputes arise (on Twitter or wherever) as to his views.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with being a pop star and having right-wing views. There are tons more people that could be added to your list above. The problem is that the Smiths had an aesthetic (pretty much entirely created by Morrissey) that embraced sensitivity, compassion, empathy, anti-violence, anti-militarism, anti-royalty, anti-corporate, anti-Thatcher etc. Virtually none of these characteristics applies to any of the artists you mention. For the person who created that aesthetic to then go and publicly urge people to vote for a far-right political group was just ... well, we all know what's happened as a result.
He doesn't of course have consistently right-wing views. He's largely drawn to mavericks which has included Galloway, Sanders and (if a little vaguely) Corbyn. But he's endorsed/defended/praised so many nasty right-wing f***ers in recent years, that it's the only thing that's really stuck in people's minds, and can be backed up way too easily with quotes when any disputes arise (on Twitter or wherever) as to his views.

Oh, give it a rest.

I haven't lost a fight yet on Twitter because every tiny quote is distorted bollocks.

And the UK press publishes far worse on a daily basis.

They created a dumb narrative, it's not going to last & they're going to look like lazy bigoted shits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Controversy sells at the end of the day. It's like a train wreck, you don't want to look but you can't help but look anyway.
It's not always like that.
Of course a lot of bands promoted themselves through controversies (the Sex Pistols would be a very well known and classic example).
Some other artists destroyed their careers through controversies.

Morrissey has been under attack for the last years and such thing didn't help him at all. BMG mostly dumped him and then discretely trashed him.
I take it for granted that SOMEONE will end up releasing Bonfire, but probably not a big label... and I take it for granted that the reviews of the album will be quite harsh just because of the album title.

Correction: The follow up album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors" reached No.1 in the UK albums chart. His subsequent albums "Years Of Refusal", "World Peace Is None Of Your Business", as well as well as the three albums he did on BMG have been hits, though not as big as the Attack albums.
In the world of falling record sales, having an album enter the top ten in its first week and then dropping out of top 75 after three or four weeks is not really a hit record. It just proves that the artist has a fan base which will buy the album immediately after which the cash registors stop ringing. Quarry stayed in the UK Top 75 for 22 weeks and Ringleader for 11 weeks, but after that the albums have dropped so quickly that they haven't really had time to generate good sales.

Not necessarily. How come Moz can't get a deal? People are sick of his bunker-generated right-wing rabbit-hole nonsense. If your argument were correct, the public at large would be clamouring for his product, and record companies would be falling over themselves to offer a deal. But they're not. Could it possibly be that people don't like bigots? I could be wrong though, and there could be some very well-known folk out there espousing right-wing advocacies who have had terrific commercial success. Apart from Ted Nugent, I can't think of any, so if you can think of other successful right-wingers in entertainment, please go ahead.
Have you never heard of Country music, you absolute bellend? Or maybe Clint Eastwood, he seems to be doing kind of OK.

Whatever happened to his record with A$AP Rocky?
ASAP, my friend. ASAP!
Can't wait to hear Morrissey collaborating with a hip artist and moving even further away from his common grounds.
The kids will love it and surely the evil critics too. Big success is on it's way in.:crazy::hammer:

Last edited:
ASAP, my friend. ASAP!
Can't wait to hear Morrissey collaborating with a hip artist and moving even further away from his common grounds.
The kids will love it and surely the evil critics too. Big success is on it's way in.:crazy::hammer:

Why do you want Morrissey to stay with his ‘common grounds’ ?

that’s a bit narrow minded.

Johnny Ramone
Kid Rock

And every single one of those people you mention is bossing their current metier. Or possibly not? You tell me.

Why do you want Morrissey to stay with his "common grounds"?
Because, I dont't want him to sound like a tired, washed-up copy of latter-day Depeche Mode (River clean).
Because, I dont't want him to sound like Ricky Martin meets some other hot latino star (all of WPINOYB).
Because, I dont't want him to use flamengo guitars and castanets too.
Because, I don't want him to improvise like he does on "The secret of music", because it's bloody awful and he isn't Eno or Reed.
Because, I dont't want him to use breakbeat drums patterns to try to follow the 90s Zeitgeist (Jim Jim sic!).
Because, I don't want him to sound like some dark hip Postpunk band like he does on the awful extra material on LIHS.
Because, I don't want him to sound like The Doors 1968 (Lover-to-be) to please the American market.
Get back to Britain, find your musical roots and a guy like Stephen Steet, who knows about those roots. And try to remember what made you irresistible in the first place. It wasn't talking openly about right-wing Politics (Farage for Prime minister anybody?) or alination from everything accept the few left ones aka chosen ones.

Now you @Ketamine Sun

Last edited:
Looking at Twitter it's just that wanker who's having a fight with the Spectator.

God, no - they were all involved. It was a bloodbath. Although Owen managed to be at the centre of it, with Douglas Murray, Helen Lewis & Dorian Lynskey spending the most time on him.

Because, I dont't want him to sound like a tired, washed-up copy of latter-day Depeche Mode (River clean).
Because, I dont't want him to sound like Ricky Martin meets some other hot latino star (all of WPINOYB).
Because, I don't want him to improvise like he does on "The secret of music", because it's bloody awful and he isn't Eno or Reed.
Because, I dont't want him to use breakbeat drums patterns to try to follow the 90s Zeitgeist (Jim Jim sic!).
Because, I don't want him to sound like some dark hip Postpunk band like he does on the awful extra material on LIHS.
Because, I don't want him to sound like The Doors 1968 (Lover-to-be) to please the American market.
Get back to Britain, find your musical roots and a guy like Stephen Steet, who knows about those roots. And try to remember what made you irresistible in the first place. It wasn't talking openly about right-wing Politics (Farage for Prime minister anybody?) or alination from everything accept the few left ones aka chosen ones.

Now you @Ketamine Sun
istanbul is hardly ricky martin.

Seems to be a favorite of many here. Anyway, one song doesn’t mean a career change.
Does Ricky really sound that good and lyrics too? If so, no wonder you’re a fan of Martins.

What, you don’t like what other cultures have to offer?

Smiths to YOR is not the only possible music.

Because, I don't want him to improvise like he does on "The secret of music",

Improvise? Does he improvise on that song?

because it's bloody awful and he isn't Eno or Reed.
ok.

Why not?

Dark hip postpunk ? Like who? like what?

Is Magazine not postpunk? A part of Morrissey’s roots,

don’t you want Morrissey to stick to his roots? And when he does, you complain! Lol.

Lol.

Actually I think he was going for this, not Doors ....

Morrissey’s loves (like it or not), 60’s pop music. It’s a part of his roots.

Get back to Britain, find your musical roots

Lol. Morrissey’s musical roots was also American artists, importantly... Reed, Jobriath, Sparks, Patti Smith, Klaus Nomi, Jayne County and especially and most of all and why we know Morrissey as Morrissey, The New York Dolls.

Anyway... uproot! move on.

Most artists that have been doing it for a while, like to try and need to try different things. You know where the door is.

and a guy like Stephen Steet, who knows about those roots.

Are you saying that the other producers that Morrissey has worked with know nothing of music history? that they don’t love music and that the music is not what inspired them to become musicians/producers in the first place?

And sorry to school you, but Street was pulling from musical sources that weren’t particularly always from Morrissey’s ‘roots’.

And try to remember what made you irresistible in the first place.

Irresistible to who ?

It wasn't talking openly about right-wing Politics (Farage for Prime minister anybody?)

Oh he’s always been one to stir things up, say what’s not expected, etc. What’s that have to do with you? And if it bothers you? well, you know where the door is.

or alination

alienation ? from the rest of the world? An artist? Morrissey?

shocking!!!

from everything accept the few left ones aka chosen ones.

chosen ones? Who chose? chose who ? Have you not been chosen yet? Get chosen! Lol.

Actually, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Now you, listen

do yourself a favor, and stop living in the past. Accept that an artist has the right to try different things, and most importantly, an artist has no obligation to please you.

Last edited:
I too want nothing more than to hear this album! If he owns the rights, I don't understand why he wouldn't put it online as a digital download – we'd all be happy to pay whatever he might want to charge for those files. Unless there's a nuance here that I'm missing...

It might be hard for him to make the leap from traditional label release to 100% digital, but I think overall it would be worth it. It seems like labels have always mostly failed him anyway — why not self-publish?

Back
Top Bottom