• The older one?

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • This one?

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Either or?

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

roky

Which version of Morrissey - Solo do you prefer?

I'm sure this new site from a moderators point of view is better to use but from an aesthetic point of view (which should always be a consideration with anything to do with Morrissey) I absolutely hate it.

Sorry just my 2 cents. It feels like comparing those old early Solo record sleeves with those dreadful 'Curry' efforts.

I'm sure this new site from a moderators point of view is better to use but from an aesthetic point of view (which should always be a consideration with anything to do with Morrissey) I absolutely hate it.

Sorry just my 2 cents. It feels like comparing those old early Solo record sleeves with those dreadful 'Curry' efforts.

Yeah, I like the older one better. I guess it was because I was used to it.
The main page on this one is not as interesting.

Hey David,

The front page needs some work to make it more readable. And to be honest, the comments on this site have always been useless to me, so I hate to see valuable real estate on the right of the main page devoted to them.

Thanks for your years of hard work.

I like the new design. It needed a change, so this is good. There are certain aspects of the old design that I miss, of course, and it always takes me a while to warm up to anything new concerning computers, but all in all, I think we'll all eventually get used to it and accept the change. I love the new blog feature. With the old journals we couldn't used a lot of the new features, and I was always posting links to videos, and now I can post the video within my blog - which in a way makes it easier. I do like that quite a bit.

Hey David,

The front page needs some work to make it more readable. And to be honest, the comments on this site have always been useless to me, so I hate to see valuable real estate on the right of the main page devoted to them.

Thanks for your years of hard work.

I know any sort of change will not be welcome by all and may take longer for some to adjust. Which part is less readable? More specifics are better. Is it the 'recent stuff' module that you miss? I'm working on putting that in. Not everyone has the same opinion so it's not going to be possible to make everyone happy, for example I don't agree that the comments are useless.

Compare the current main page to the older one here:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/index.pl?issue=20101231

I may be stupid but I don't understand the two stories side by side on the mail page.
Then it starts to be one column.

Example below

Morrissey-solo .

Main_____ forum_____ gallery_____ tour_____ calender_____Etc..

Story 1______ Story2______ Poll______

Story 3_________________ Recent Article Comments

Story 4_________________ ____________________

Story 5_________________ _____________________

Like I said, I may me stupid, but the two stories side by side and the recent article I don't really understand. Are the recent article's from the main listings or the forum?

I may be stupid but I don't understand the two stories side by side on the mail page.
Then it starts to be one column.

Example below

Morrissey-solo .

Main_____ forum_____ gallery_____ tour_____ calender_____Etc..

Story 1______ Story2______ Poll______

Story 3_________________ Recent Article Comments

Story 4_________________ ____________________

Story 5_________________ _____________________

Like I said, I may me stupid, but the two stories side by side and the recent article I don't really understand. Are the recent article's from the main listings or the forum?

Story 1 and Story 2 that are side by side on the top are the 'featured' stories chosen to be at the top as the top 2 headlines for the moment. Below that are lesser featured stories in chronological order. Older stories can be viewed in the 'Article Archive' link in the subnav.

The problem with the old site was that everything was chronological. So if a big news item went on the main page, I would not be able to update with smaller stories without knocking down the headline. Now I can update more frequently and still keep featured news items at the top.

The 'Recent Article Comments' module pulls from the latest comments posted on main page articles, the one below that "Recent Forum Posts" pulls from all posts in the forums.

Not a major gripe but the online/offline indicator next to user names is a bit faint for pernickety,cross-eyed old me.I have to strain to see whos on and who int.Its no fun,getting old.

i prefer the old one- the main page seems like hard work now, im in this awful brown colour instead of my usual blue, notice my visits to the site have dropped quite sharply since the new stuff.

Story 1 and Story 2 that are side by side on the top are the 'featured' stories chosen to be at the top as the top 2 headlines for the moment. Below that are lesser featured stories in chronological order. Older stories can be viewed in the 'Article Archive' link in the subnav.

The problem with the old site was that everything was chronological. So if a big news item went on the main page, I would not be able to update with smaller stories without knocking down the headline. Now I can update more frequently and still keep featured news items at the top.

The 'Recent Article Comments' module pulls from the latest comments posted on main page articles, the one below that "Recent Forum Posts" pulls from all posts in the forums.

Oh, Ok I see what you are saying.
Thanks for the reply. I guess that does make since to keep the big stories at the top.
Thanks David

I've come back onto the site and...well...it looks updated, I suppose..
I do like the forum layout colours. It looks rather happier since the site is filled with manic depressives and manic skitzos! The rest are either simply on the dole or clinically insane :D

I've come back onto the site and...well...it looks updated, I suppose..
I do like the forum layout colours. It looks rather happier since the site is filled with manic depressives and manic skitzos! The rest are either simply on the dole or clinically insane :D

Im still in two minds about it myself

The color is just hideous.

I have noticed that I'm not nearly as tempted to come here as I used to be since the change... which is good news for everyone, including me. It's just unpleasant to navigate now. My eyes can't get used to it.

It's black and white....Christ, it's like reading what's on a white piece of paper with black writing on....I LIKE NEW LAYOUT David! Rock on! I hope you don't change it back! If you do, then we shall always be stuck in some old Time Warp along with Riff Raff and Magenta! It's really good! Old people need to just get to used to change...otherwise we'd be stuck with coal fires, candles and radios for entertainment...nooooo!

I love change. Good change. Not all change is good change.

The color is just hideous.

I have noticed that I'm not nearly as tempted to come here as I used to be since the change... which is good news for everyone, including me. It's just unpleasant to navigate now. My eyes can't get used to it.

Seems like people complain about the style / colors the most. What colors do you want? People can always suggest some hex colors, mock up some designs, but I have never received anything like that.

Tags
funthread2read
Back
Top Bottom