who you gonna call?

vicarinatutugal

can't reMember

A real-life ghostbuster has been called to a "haunted" hospital following reports by staff of a cloaked figure roaming the wards and corridors, it has been reported.

The spooky sightings at the new Royal Derby Hospital have prompted NHS bosses to summon an exorcist, The Sun claimed.

Senior manager Debbie Butler sent an email to staff, informing them of a plan to bring in a priest to rid the hospital of paranormal activity.

She wrote: "I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost. I'm taking it seriously as it is affecting some members of staff and the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy at work.

"I don't want to scare anyone any more than necessary, but felt it was best I made you all aware of the situation and what we are doing about it. I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department."

The £334 million hospital is located on the site of the old Derby City General Hospital, which was built in the 1920s over part of a Roman road.

Ms Butler added: "I understand that some of you will probably be worried or scared about this. If any of you wish to discuss this, feel free to contact me at any time."

Anglican priests usually need to seek permission from a bishop before performing an exorcism.

A spokesman for the Bishop of Derby told the newspaper: "Any case such as this is put to the Bishop. He would seek proper advice before taking action."

A spokeswoman for Derby Hospitals NHS Trust said: "We take information from staff seriously and are working with the hospital chaplaincy to put people's minds at ease."

Back
Top Bottom