Why Morrissey Is Dead To Me, By Gene's Martin Rossiter - The Quietus

Quietus article.

Why Morrissey Is Dead To Me, By Gene's Martin Rossiter - The Quietus

Morrissey was an inspiration to Martin Rossiter, whose band Gene share many fans with the former Smith. But after years of right wing blethering from Moz, Martin has had enough

"I feel ashamed and embarrassed that I quietly remained a Morrissey apologist for many years."

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the old days when fans knew how to show disgust. When John Lennon said The Beatles were more popular than Jesus radio stations had fans bring all of their Beatles records to a protest meeting and they would set the records on fire or run over them with a bulldozer. But today's music fans don't do anything like that. It's pretty hard to run over an mp3 file I guess.

I miss the old days when fans knew how to show disgust. When John Lennon said The Beatles were more popular than Jesus radio stations had fans bring all of their Beatles records to a protest meeting and they would set the records on fire or run over them with a bulldozer. But today's music fans don't do anything like that. It's pretty hard to run over an mp3 file I guess.
Crystal night and the final solution. You'll end up married to Katie Hopkins before you know it.

yes I agree! I wish all the disgruntled Moz fans would in protest get together and set themselves on fire.
:drama::flamethrow::clap::pray:

would be much better than their pointless going nowhere redundant accusations and opinions on here.

yes I agree! I wish all the disgruntled Moz fans would in protest get together and set themselves on fire.
:drama::flamethrow::clap::pray:

would be much better than their pointless going nowhere redundant accusations and opinions on here.
You have been found out!

Crystal night and the final solution. You'll end up married to Katie Hopkins before you know it.
I had to look her up but she looks like the perfect wife, the type that reads all those women's magazines that tell how to please your man, you know "a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom." And if I started having three drinks at lunch and had an affair with the pool boy she would look the other way.

I had to look her up but she looks like the perfect wife, the type that reads all those women's magazines that tell how to please your man, you know "a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom." And if I started having three drinks at lunch and had an affair with the pool boy she would look the other way.

The perfect wife does not exist.
My perfect wife would fight for me and drown the poolboy in the swimming pool.
The rest is secondary.

my perfect wife is the one you blow up before bedtime,dont leave any tacks or needles lying around though or it could be an early night for all.

I call out racists. It seems you don't like that.

This video doesn't exactly promote tourism does it? I guess she is racist and since she is German then a Nazi too? Since i look a lot like her , there goes my summer European trip but there is no migrant issue so she must be lying..

Liberalismisamentaldisease.jpg

Can someone explain to me why Brits are so afraid of a 70 year old Botanist but not religious zealots who translate their Holy Book as meaning to blow themselves up at an Ariana Grande Concert.

What to say about a large majority of irrelevant, spiteful and non-sensical posts within this thread? Some sensible voices have attempted to request that other articles be posted but no; this thread prevails like an intolerant child. I am utterly saddened that so many have chosen to use a dreadful situation as some kind of petty point scoring. They cannot, they will not be silenced despite the hurt they cause. Morrissey has been extremely foolish about the manner in which he chose to respond to what happened in Manchester but it is nothing to what had appeared on this website. To fans, Morrissey has said nothing new, but I understand why some question the manner and timing of his remarks. Morrissey, by releasing an ill- considered statement, has created this furore - he must take responsibilty for that. Commentators on this site also have responsibility, I believe, to treat the situation in Manchester with the gravity it deserves. If you cannot or will not be respectful of the dead and injured what can you be respectful of?

I always imagined Bengali in Platforms to be more a slighting of England than anyone Asian. I always imagined Morrissey was basically saying, "It's shit here; even I think this and I'm from here. Why on earth would you want to come to this shithole?"

I do think Morrissey's comments about the Manchester bombing were unnecessary. Children died but he just used it as an excuse to attack his normal targets, which was insensitive and crass and left me questioning - not the first time, if I'm honest - my 34 year following of him.

When I was young, I always absorbed and swallowed anything Morrissey said and much of it shaped my views that I hold now. However, being anti-establishment doesn't mean Brexit, possible anti-Islam, and embracing slime like Nigel Farage.

I had a bit of hope when Morrissey seemed to act a little positively about Corbyn, but that was shaped mainly by Corbyn's anti-monarchy and vegetarianism (two similarities I also share and probably because of Morrissey), rather than a slant of left-wing politics that l always imagined - as a youngster - Morrissey shared.

We've reached the point in the Morrissey experience when the fans on his most dedicate web-page now resemble the people who ran him off the stage in Finsbury Park because he was the class fairy.

He's finally achieved the validation that eluded him on that day.

Congratulations Moz, you're now one of the guys.

'The Ordinary Boys' is a great song though - Martin can f*** off on that one. His reading is very suspect there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom