"World Peace Is None of Your Business" Reviews

Re: My Review Of The New Album

I wouldn't get too disheartened by this anonymous review. It's just an opinion based on 2 listens. We all know Morrissey albums are growers not instant dazzlers. Sometimes I hear an album for the first time and don't think much of it then as the days go by they become my favourite albums.

I wonder what anonymous thinks of the songs we have already heard.

Last edited:

I wouldn't get too disheartened by this anonymous review. It's just an opinion based on 2 listens. We all know Morrissey albums are growers not instant dazzlers. Sometimes I hear an album for the first time and don't think much of it then as the days go by they become my favourite albums.

The only opinion that matters is yours.

You said it Marred.

I appreciate the comments and lyrics provided by people who've been fortunate enough to listen to it, but I'll definitely be reserving judgement and continue to hold my high hopes from what I've seen and heard so far.

The lyrics and music are the worst of his career. I really hate to say it. I do. This is not a good album.

Really? The four studio tracks we've heard so far have more nuance and dynamic variation than anything on Years of Refusal, to say nothing of Joe Chiccarelli's stellar production. I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but I sincerely doubt this is his worst album musically.

The album has gotten great reviews from actual music publications by people who review music for a living. Let's not take what some random anon has to say to heart.

Here is a bit of the best song on the album I think

Staircase

March April may
She crammed night and day
I hadn't seen her smile in awhile
repeat
Staircase at the university
she threw herself down and her head split three ways
If you don't get three A's, her sweet daddy said
you're no child of mine and as far as I'm concerned your dead
repeat

I'm excited to hear this one- I knew it would be good when one review described it as Reader Meet Author meets The Boy with the Thorn in His Side.

I just gave my opinion. Of course people will bitch and moan about it. Someone asked what I think of the four released tracks. WPINOYB I rather liked. Bullfighter Dies lyrics are pretty awful but the music is great. Earth is boring lyrically but I like that he is branching out to different styles of music. As I said initially though, it seems like there are so many styles of music on here that it doesn't sound cohesive. Southpaw sounds like an album. Vauxhall does. Your Arsenal does. I'm sure you know what I mean.

On the topic of Istanbul...

I know many people here are crazy for it but I think it's a throwaway. On top of that, it's shocking that it is a single. Just my two cents. Also for the person who gives credence to music publications but not this anon review, I review music for a living. Yes, for a publication. I just happen to be a Moz fan so I thought I'd post first here.

I stick by my initial thought. Worst of his career, but that is still better than most music coming out these days.

I just gave my opinion. Of course people will bitch and moan about it. Someone asked what I think of the four released tracks. WPINOYB I rather liked. Bullfighter Dies lyrics are pretty awful but the music is great. Earth is boring lyrically but I like that he is branching out to different styles of music. As I said initially though, it seems like there are so many styles of music on here that it doesn't sound cohesive. Southpaw sounds like an album. Vauxhall does. Your Arsenal does. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I know many people here are crazy for it but I think it's a throwaway. On top of that, it's shocking that it is a single. Just my two cents. Also for the person who gives credence to music publications but not this anon review, I review music for a living. Yes, for a publication. I just happen to be a Moz fan so I thought I'd post first here.

I stick by my initial thought. Worst of his career, but that is still better than most music coming out these days.

If what you posted is what you consider a review, I'm genuinely slack-jawed with disbelief. Will that be printed in the publication for which you work?

Here are the some of the real lyrics

See in me the side of you
that sometimes makes you jump with fright
Smiler with knife it's your big night
Sinking bed all warm and clear
only sadness waits for me
Smiler with knife you're just in time
you're just in time
Press the blade against my skin
never to make love again
smiler with knife it's alright
surrender will I am before you
I am sick to death of life
smiler with knife alight
alight

verify away

Here are the some of the real lyrics

See in me the side of you
that sometimes makes you jump with fright
Smiler with knife it's your big night
Sinking bed all warm and clear
only sadness waits for me
Smiler with knife you're just in time
you're just in time
Press the blade against my skin
never to make love again
smiler with knife it's alright
surrender will I am before you
I am sick to death of life
smiler with knife alight
alight

verify away

Well f*** me.

3.5 out of 4 stars in Rolling Stone. Looks like we have a winner, folks.

If he is really sick in the hospital I hope someone is telling him about the good reviews.

I know many people here are crazy for it but I think it's a throwaway. On top of that, it's shocking that it is a single. Just my two cents.
Also for the person who gives credence to music publications but not this anon review, I review music for a living. Yes, for a publication. I just happen to be a Moz fan so I thought I'd post first here.

Your thoughts on Istanbul give me even greater hope for the album. Thank you for your two cents. That's about how much this review is worth to me. But it may be worth more to someone else depending on their exchange rate.

I'm not wearing rose coloured glasses for this album and yes lyrically it seems it will have some pot holes but Istanbul is not a throwaway. Now if you had stated that you loved Istanbul that would've worried me... kind of.

Regardless of my comments I do appreciate someone who got an early listen posting here... oh and yes we will bitch and moan :)

Last edited:
The album has gotten great reviews from actual music publications by people who review music for a living. Let's not take what some random anon has to say to heart.

sure.
what came to my mind, was the thought of pitty that exclusiveness of first judging his new 'material' by numbers, came to hand of such plain and unqualified listener (it seems a little bad-intended, also). it's personal, and, in my opinion, evidently based on some blased, self-established 'high hopes' in morrissey's 'talent' and 'potentials'. oh, my god.

p.s. apologies for the anonymous who has written the review.

I’m sure Pitchfork will give it in the 5-6 range, yet give some flavor of the month garbage a “Best New Music"

I’m sure Pitchfork will give it in the 5-6 range, yet give some flavor of the month garbage a “Best New Music"

Pitchfork gave his last 3 albums all 8s or above. They did better than ANY of his older albums (which is totally laughable)... So please apologize, won't you, mr. person that name drops Pitchfork and hates hipster critics, but doesn't actually do a simple google search to back up his claims to prevent himself from looking like a twit?

Pitchfork gave his last 3 albums all 8s or above. They did better than ANY of his older albums (which is totally laughable)... So please apologize, won't you, mr. person that name drops Pitchfork and hates hipster critics, but doesn't actually do a simple google search to back up his claims to prevent himself from looking like a twit?

Yeesh! I never said what Pitchfork gave the other albums, just what I think it will rate WPINOYB.

Tags
morrissey new album
Back
Top Bottom