"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK (May 13)

wpinoyb_single.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link to the song download (May 13) on Amazon UK:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Amazon UK
Morrissey
13 May 2014

Label: Virgin EMI
Copyright: (C) 2014 Morrissey, Under Exclusive License To Harvest Records
Total Length: 4:32
Genres: Indie & Alternative
ASIN: B00K9M1A8K

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

Hope it's released through iTunes as well as Amazon. Also, I don't know why people are getting so het up about the Photoshop, it's a single cover- no doubt he's been doing it for years. Lighten up. :p

It doesn't need an iTunes release as MP3 format plays on all Apple devices. If it isn't on Apple, it's because Amazon offered a better royalty for exclusive sales rights, initially at least.

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

The worst bit of Photoshopping is the ground in the bottom left, they've just cloned the whole section and repeated it, thats very shabby, and as a Photoshop Diva myself, they really need to sort that out before releasing it, its not to a professional standard :O One possibility is that it was a massive pile of dog logs and they cloned it out but missed the one Moz is holding, fetch!

If it's only a digital release and intended to show on low-res/small art work mobile screens, then most wont' notice it. But on a hi-res 7 inch/12 inch physical release it would look ridiculous. More ridiculous, I mean.Morrissey used to spend FOREVER on graphic details when he on Rough Trade. It's all very odd as he clearly has an eye for film/photo. But nobody should be surprised, because: "Maladjusted".

- - - Updated - - -

why is this a suprised he has been photoshopped?? he is always airbrushed. The promo photo for aus has been touched up too..thats what happens.

Because: Lorde

[h=1]Lorde posts unedited photo on Twitter and calls out Photoshopping: 'Flaws are OK'[/h]
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/lorde-tweets-unedited-photo-of-blemished-skin-and-calls-out-photoshopping-flaws-are-ok-9227957.html

It doesn't need an iTunes release as MP3 format plays on all Apple devices. If it isn't on Apple, it's because Amazon offered a better royalty for exclusive sales rights, initially at least.

Yeah I know it'll work, it's more laziness on my part really because I like the easiness of downloading stuff straight through itunes then syncing it onto my iPod immediately, haha. No biggie, just me drinking the Apple Kool Aid. :p

Think people need to chill out with the whole photoshop thing. It's not like he's had massive amounts of botox and a hair transplant to restore his quiff to 1987 levels, it's just a wee touch up to soften the edges. I think he looks great in both.

I just hope it has a proper intro. Live night 3 and they still haven't mastered it.

The photoshopping is pathetically amateur. You can see the very poor usage of the "Clone stamp" in the bottom left quadrant of the album. Somebody got paid to make this?

The photoshopping is pathetically amateur. You can see the very poor usage of the "Clone stamp" in the bottom left quadrant of the album. Somebody got paid to make this?
It's not the album cover, it's the single sleeve.

Oh wow, you're right. THat's pretty lazy. I still like it though for some reason. The original is nice too, I guess they needed a wall to go with the graffiti vibe of the whole package design.

He looks so fit in this photo. And on stage too, he's clearly working out or something. Hardcore P90X burns in between sipping tea and reading Wilde and crying and being sad.

Think people need to chill out with the whole photoshop thing. It's not like he's had massive amounts of botox and a hair transplant to restore his quiff to 1987 levels, it's just a wee touch up to soften the edges. I think he looks great in both.

Photoshop is the gateway drug, then it's Botox and before you know it, you're under the scalpel every Tues next to Pete Burns. He's definitely colouring his hair and I doubt it's Grecian 2000 from Boots, but anyone with an eye can see it. He needs a new colourist. He lives in Hollywood, FFS! We don't have any reliable data about hair transplants with regard to Moz or Cliff, but a toupee or cropped extensions cannot be ruled out without an invasive tug at his bonce from the front of the pit. Perhaps that's why he ended the encore the other night? Did someone tug at his wig? Is he bald? Some people insist Cliff is. Maybe that's why he's invited him as support. Solidarity amongst the follicly challenged. Boz wears wigs now so maybe they're preparing their audience for a Pet Shop Boys type tonsorial situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope it has a proper intro. Live night 3 and they still haven't mastered it.

Maybe they think it's a 'jazz extemporisation'? They could extend it into a 20 minute 'jam' on nights when Morrissey isn't really into it.

- - - Updated - - -

A 'fan' is probably in an Intern Situation at Harvest, doing it for love, not money. It's not really working out very well.....

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the album cover, it's the single sleeve.

assumption. I think it's correct, but until it's disclosed, we cannot be entirely sure. If this picture becomes iconic on Twitter rather than an object of Photoshop ridicule, then it may make it to the album cover. Why not? It'll do.

You must not tamper with arrangements

Yes, there's been some shopping going on, I put the two next to each other...

GmLqrV4.jpg

Forehead lines gone, forearm smoothed, face thinned, t-shirt belly-crease gone, hair sculpted...

P.

Oh wow, you're right. THat's pretty lazy. I still like it though for some reason. The original is nice too, I guess they needed a wall to go with the graffiti vibe of the whole package design.

He looks so fit in this photo. And on stage too, he's clearly working out or something. Hardcore P90X burns in between sipping tea and reading Wilde and crying and being sad.

He's lost some weight, so he's probably in a less neurotic place right now. Although he apparently made a lot of comments about obesity last night. Did you hear him say "Thank you Banksy". Or is that more nonsense from BRS types?

You must not tamper with arrangements

180!

"When you cannot stand the real world.....art-hounds seek the Greek ideal" , then Photoshop it....! "My life is Photoshopped!"

Oh, I forgot, that one's been erased from memory. Shame as it was good, except for the fat-phobic Aunt Mable taunt.

If all the singles are going to be downloads and they're all going to be on the album what is the point of getting them? And what is the point of even supplying art work for a download single?

I must be insane: my immediate interpretation was that Morrissey had taken the marker away from the dog and was reprimanding it for writing the message on the wall; he has that menacing "what have you done? We are so disappointed" dad look. I was laughing because it was so light-hearted and endearing, but now I just feel like an asshole. Oh well, not the first time.

lynnda

I must be insane: my immediate interpretation was that Morrissey had taken the marker away from the dog and was reprimanding it for writing the message on the wall; he has that menacing "what have you done? We are so disappointed" dad look. I was laughing because it was so light-hearted and endearing, but now I just feel like an asshole. Oh well, not the first time.

lynnda

you've got company because i thought the same thing.

Is this the album cover or the single sleeve?

Because someone has put it as the album cover on Wikipedia.

Good use of the original photo for a playful cover.
Yes, it's obvious that Moz has been touched up. I doubt it's any more than any other artist that appears on their own album cover, magazine covers etc. The difference here being that we have the original image to compare to.
Regarding color etc., the orig. was an instagram pic if not mistaken. All kinds of info is left out of instagram images to give them their appearance. They may have worked from the original snap.

I never DL singles or albums, want the cd/vinyl in my hand, if it's the single or album or even DVD [yes 25 live]

The thing Morrissey holding in his hand, is IMHO a dogwhistle.

'and they say he's mentall'... dogshit is none of your playfield business....

Last edited:
Usually at this point loads of us look to hear the new songs by downloading live versions, I'm well pleased we get to hear properly recorded ones instead, it seems like a good plan this :)

The point of buying them all is so you help support Morrissey's business plan and profitability model. James are trying to 'nudge' people into buying their new CD as a default option for their upcoming gigs. Interesting marketing angle. It might catch on as a way to ensure sales of new product ensure chart placings.

- - - Updated - - -

Good use of the original photo for a playful cover.
Yes, it's obvious that Moz has been touched up. I doubt it's any more than any other artist that appears on their own album cover, magazine covers etc. The difference here being that we have the original image to compare to.
Regarding color etc., the orig. was an instagram pic if not mistaken. All kinds of info is left out of instagram images to give them their appearance. They may have worked from the original snap.

Or 'they' may just be trying to disguise the fact that Morrissey looks like a 55 year old man?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom