X mas thread

Hell no. As I grow older, I dislike Christmas more and more. It's all about Norman Rockwell scenes at the dinner table, when the husband is carving the turkey,and all of the commercials are frantically trying to sell you something. The only thing I like about Christmastime is the weather. Bah humbug,:rolleyes:

I've just started knitting a darlek (yes, really) as a Christmas present for my brother :D it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!

Well, that is no good for me, 24th is the big day here. :)

Just take a day away, and there you go ;)

We've had christmas cards in Oxfam since late August, so I really have had enough of them now.
Though on Tuesday, it was my job to sort through all the stuff we had saved for christmas, and I have to admit I thought *awwwww* more than once at the cute cuddly toys :D
And I am secretly looking forward to decorating the shop with christmasy things, and wearing tinsel as a scarf...if only to see the wonder in little kids faces :sweet: :)

I was just in my local Target dept. store this morning, and they had Christmas music playing, Christmas displays up, and have "live" Christmas trees for sale.

:D Yes a lot of stores here are getting their decs all up, I think its too early for things like that though.

I think the shops are thinking that the sooner they have the garbage for sale there will be a chance that people will buy something. If they wait too long to put up the displays and things, the opportunity for a Christmas sale will be gone.

I don't remember Christmas stuff being up for sale this early.

What exactly is "live" tree?

small "pine" "evergreen" tree "christmas" type tree, in a pot...live that can be planted in your yard, etc, as opposed to a "cut tree"

These trees range between a foot and a half to like 3 foot tall

my neice just graduated from HS this summer so I'm taking her to Europe next week. Needless to say, I'm skipping christmas presents for the rest of the family except maybe a small something for the other neices and nephews. I'm bracing myself for mom's "It's not fair" speech but I don't care. Unless she offers to pay the credit card bill come January. :D

Consumer advocate types suggest you do not give Merchant gift cards as gifts this Christmas season (or anytime). The reason being is that with the bad economies, merchants may go out of business before the gift card can be redeemed, which results in the money being spent on the card being wasted.

Clark Howard suggests that, if you were going to give a gift card, give cash instead. Cash can be spent anywhere. Most gift cards can only be used at specific merchants.

A bit of advice from:
http://clarkhoward.com/
"Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs"

Consumer advocate types suggest you do not give Merchant gift cards as gifts this Christmas season (or anytime). The reason being is that with the bad economies, merchants may go out of business before the gift card can be redeemed, which results in the money being spent on the card being wasted.

Clark Howard suggests that, if you were going to give a gift card, give cash instead. Cash can be spent anywhere. Most gift cards can only be used at specific merchants.

A bit of advice from:
http://clarkhoward.com/
"Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs"

Interesting. I'm sure you're safe with a Target gift card, though. There's always American Express gift cards, too.

I called my step-sis today to wish her a happy birthday and they are Christmas shopping. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: I'm glad someone can afford it. Coitenly not moi.

Tags
kringle tingle where is kris?
Back
Top Bottom