YouTube: Denise Johnson - "Well I Wonder" (October 2, 2020)

1985 is Johnny's compositional peak when it comes to those lush acoustic ballads. I think of "Well I Wonder" as tonally related to "Stretch Out and Wait" and "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore." By 1986, that particularly songwriting style has already vanished.

Have you heard Johnny's recent song "Different Gun"? I think it's a beautiful acoustic ballad.

That's maybe correct for "The Queen is Dead" but think of later songs like "Half a Person" or "I won't share you".
"Half a Person" for sure. "I Won't Share You" doesn't quite do it for me in the same way as the others mentioned.

bbc breakfast just showed a 5 minute video on denise johnson.the album was 2 songs short but her friends felt they had to get the album released.theres a fantastic mural in hulme where she grew up.

Last edited:
I don't need protection, idiot. Can you read? I already caught the virus. I was never a particularly enthusiastic mask wearer and in the end I caught it through a frustrating domino effect of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's no agenda and my "betters" have nothing to do with it.

Another classic example of something I have hands-on experience with, whereas everything is a hypothetical to you.
You've caught a cold.

We've all been there.

Now cool the hysterics and get over it.

Last edited:
bbc breakfast just showed a 5 minute video on denise johnson.the album was 2 songs short but her friends felt they had to get the album released.theres a fantastic mural in hume where she grew up.
Ian Curtis used to distribute Conservative Party leaflets in Hulme. His gran lived there.

Funny old world.

You live in a multicultural society. We’ve all been there. Now cool the hysterics and get over it.
Ever the bitchy queen...

You clearly still inhabit the playground.

Now blow your nose and man up. Despite what the media tells you, you'll live.

How are you honestly going to speak authoritatively about COVID to someone whose got it? We've already established that you fuel your addiction to talking out of your ass by getting every ounce of your information from the internet. Sit down and understand that, shocking as it may seem, some people do actually know more than you.

While I obviously don't think what I have warrants a global shutdown, I never get the flu and it's been a profoundly unpleasant couple weeks and this has ground my life to a halt. I can see how the older and more vulnerable among us could easily be taken down by it.
If I were you I’d save your energy and stop posting with this idiot.... you can’t fix stupid.... hope your well soon... I always find night nurse gives me a good sleep at these unpleasant times

Compared to the original?

Well, it would be difficult to improve on
it, though this may not have been her aim.

What would you rather she have or anyone have done with the song?

Not cover it.

You live in a multicultural society. We’ve all been there. Now cool the hysterics and get over it.

Reel is dependent on the mainstream media for every oppositional stance she takes & wants me to believe the mainstream media version of Morrissey's views instead of digging into his public statements... where I find things like this - him accepting multiculturalism & wanting cows to live.

20201004_123327.jpg

Reel is dependent on the mainstream media for every oppositional stance she takes & wants me to believe the mainstream media version of Morrissey's views instead of digging into his public statements... where I find things like this - him accepting multiculturalism & wanting cows to live.

View attachment 59703
Keep digging through those archives for your imaginary Holy Grail: the one where Moz announces he is an anti-white wokester a la Prince Harry.

How are you honestly going to speak authoritatively about COVID to someone whose got it? We've already established that you fuel your addiction to talking out of your ass by getting every ounce of your information from the internet. Sit down and understand that, shocking as it may seem, some people do actually know more than you.

While I obviously don't think what I have warrants a global shutdown, I never get the flu and it's been a profoundly unpleasant couple weeks and this has ground my life to a halt. I can see how the older and more vulnerable among us could easily be taken down by it.
Best wishes Verso.

Not cover it.

But if one was to cover it ?

What would you like to hear done with it?

I’m not arguing here, I’m just curious as to what people would like when artists attempt to cover other artists music.

Thanks for sharing your incredible expertise. I've been sick in bed for a week and a half with all of the hallmark symptoms, I'm pretty sure I have it.

feel better soon! I’m sure you’ll pull through, lots of people do.

But if one was to cover it ?

What would you like to hear done with it?

I’m not arguing here, I’m just curious as to what people would like when artists attempt to cover other artists music.
I think that some people just shouldn't be covered. Morrissey is one of them.

Mark E. Smith is another.

I have a good lawyer.
Can I have the number I’m reporting reelfountain and SS HOFMANN to the police and solo bosses , I’ve had enough on here hovis , it’s always been a pleasure chatting with you , alas enough is enough, I’m not happy with what’s going on here so I’ll say my good byes to all ....... it’s been a ball ....... the racists have won !! Solo has spawned some monsters xxxxxxxxxxxxx goodbye all

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom