Any Guitarists Out there?

Eric Blair

I've spent about an hour, but I think I've given up hope.

It's my girlfriend and I's one year in a few days, and I really want to play To Me You Are a Work Of Art for her.

Does anyone have the tabs for this song or anything like that? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks, everyone. :)

I've spent about an hour, but I think I've given up hope.

It's my girlfriend and I's one year in a few days, and I really want to play To Me You Are a Work Of Art for her.

Does anyone have the tabs for this song or anything like that? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks, everyone. :)

Damn. Goodluck learning how to play guitar in a few days. I don't know how to play this song, but I think I have an alternative...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/morrissey/youre_the_one_for_me_fatty_crd.htm

Trust me there are a few mistakes in this link, but the overall will work.

Hi, just had a listen now but it's after the pub so maybe it won't be so good cos I ain't great at transcription at the best of times! Like so many Morrissey songs, this isn't really a great song to strum along to because the vocal is so idiosyncratic probably only the man himself can sing it!

Intro:
Bsus2/Bsus2/F#7/F#7 x2

The verse is essentially the same chords as the intro but the main guitarist (Alain Whyte in the studio, Jesse Tobias on tour?) plays a riff around both chords. Basically the Bsus2 chord riff is around the b7th, 3rd and 5th of the chord (which I suppose makes it not a Bsus2 in the first place but oh well- on its own the riff kind of sounds like I Feel Fine by The Beatles!) and the F#7 riff is around the 5th, 4th and 3rd of the chord. Play a F#7 and F#7sus4 here and it really gets the spirit of the riff.

Chorus(first time):

E/Em/B/E/Em/B/G#m

Chorus (second time):
E/Em/B/E/Em/B/G#m/A

That's basically it. The outro etc. just reiterates these parts I think.

That all makes it probably sound more complicated than it is. Play around with those chords and you'll get somewhere close.

Just if there's anyone who's as boring as me and interested in the whole debate of the music of Morrissey solo versus the music of the Smiths, to me this sort of song kind of epitomises how limited lots of the Morrissey solo songs are versus Morrissey/Marr compositions. It's kind of clever in its arrangement but it just lacks that spark of genius that Morrissey brought out of Marr and that just made the best of their collaborations so perfect and unforgettable.

Anyway, good luck!

Last edited:
Ah, brilliant. That's exactly what I was looking for, if you've got it right. I'll get to it when I stop feeling so lazy... perhaps the night before?

Oh, necessity always was the father of invention, same concept, I suppose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom