Bad picture quality on official recordings?

rogue_rebellions

What is a facebook?
I've been noticing a pattern recently on Morrissey's official recordings: the bad picture quality. Take a look at the recent expanded and redesigned editions of Southpaw Grammer and Maladjusted. The pictures look like those of amateurs. The same applies to the Swords compilation. The picture of the band looks blurry and not in that good way either. Even Live At Earl's Court insets picture of the band wasn't impressive. It's as if everything is being rush released.

All the work until now looked so professional. Just look at anything from the 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' era and see the difference.

I think there just fine

The photos and packaging are the best things about the SG and Maladjusted reissues. I actually LOVE the SG photos. Moz's best style-period ever, IMO.

I've been noticing a pattern recently on Morrissey's official recordings: the bad picture quality. Take a look at the recent expanded and redesigned editions of Southpaw Grammer and Maladjusted. The pictures look like those of amateurs. The same applies to the Swords compilation. The picture of the band looks blurry and not in that good way either. Even Live At Earl's Court insets picture of the band wasn't impressive. It's as if everything is being rush released.

All the work until now looked so professional. Just look at anything from the 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' era and see the difference.
And so what?

Yeah I agree. The pictures don't look planned or professional...

The pictures you mentioned are fine.

I can think of some pretty awful official Morrissey artwork, but nothing really from the past 6 years.

Maybe you prefer the brilliant picture on Bona Drag, or the sweet finesse of the 1997 Maladjusted one? I think Moz is doing just fine right now in terms of album art.

Back
Top Bottom