Beck and Johnny Marr

O

Our Hank

In case you don't know...Marr plays on a track on Beck's new album. The album is awesome. The music is delicious and the lyrics are funny a lot of the time. I love how he adds elements of hip-hop to his music (the good ones) and also makes fun of hip-hop at the same time. His lyrics go through everything from Mercedes to No-Doz to Norman Swartzkoff (sp?). I think Get Real Paid is my favorite song (too funny! the excesses of hip-hop). It's hilarious. Even when you don't know what he's talking about it's good.

No wonder Morrissey loves him.

Beth Orton also appears btw.

Beck's album and David Bowie's album are my favs of last year.

Oh yeah, Beck also has a lot of fun with Prince influence.

Lay off Vince & Andy!

See, if Morrissey can respect the synthesizer happy Beck (even wear his t-shirt in a video!), than people need to lay off the dissing of Erasure (re: the rumors of collaboration).

Erasure has released consistently lovely work, & has a discography much longer than Beck's...

Re: Lay off Vince & Andy!

> See, if Morrissey can respect the synthesizer happy Beck (even
> wear his t-shirt in a video!), than people need to lay off the
> dissing of Erasure (re: the rumors of collaboration).

> Erasure has released consistently lovely work, & has a
> discography much longer than Beck's...

I respect them but I share in the repulsion that so many feel. Their sound could make me puke if I had to listen for a while. It's @#!!!boy music. Although I must admit that I can't resist a few songs like "I Love Saturday" and "Chorus".

> See, if Morrissey can respect the synthesizer happy Beck (even
> wear his t-shirt in a video!)

Morrissey was probably being *sarcastic* as is his wont. Remember that interview where he said he was into Tricky and Moby and stuff ... he hates that kind of music and he was just mocking it. Morrissey is deaf! He's stuck in the seventies!

Yo dudes and dudettes, this be tha' main mofo greasetea and i gots tah be sayin' I love tha' erasure boys mesself. Especially there album where they collabarated with William Orbit..Cold Summah's Day be tha' best yo! So lets kick this shiznit style and hope that if dis rumor be tha' truth, cap an ass for the naysayers.

And another thing, Our Hank, i wish that you would be mugged, and the world watches your mother get raped by a pack of madmen you sorry ass loser. Do me a favor and pull a Micheal hutchence you poor excuse for an organism. I would surely love to shoot you in the head and watch you drop to the floor in a bloody heap. Please die you jackoff.