Best MOZ-penned song explicitly and obviously, in large part, about London?

Best MOZ-penned song explicitly and obviously, in large part, about London?

• Total voters
At first I thought he was singing "I went to London and died"

I thought this too! I always thought it went better with the "if you've got five seconds to spare".. But I could never understand why he went to the YWCA after he died! :confused:

Camden of course one of my Fav songs on YATQ

I thought this too! I always thought it went better with the "if you've got five seconds to spare".. But I could never understand why he went to the YWCA after he died! :confused:
I thought it was 'died', too! :D It must be one of the best misheard lyrics ever. :)

i voted for picadilly palare...suggs on backing vocals for added cockney charm.

am i right in thinking the "no dad, i won't be home tomorrow" section is only on the unreleased version floating around on mp3? it's not on the CD version of bona drag i have.

am i right in thinking the "no dad, i won't be home tomorrow" section is only on the unreleased version floating around on mp3? it's not on the CD version of bona drag i have.

theres an extra verse on the MP3 but the 'no dad' bit is still on bona drag

You're right. But Morrissey also used to sing 'no, dad, I won't be home tomorrow' live. (I don't think he ever sang the lines "A cold water room / it's not much, I know / but for now it's where I belong / Am I really doing wrong?/ Around the centre of town / is where I belong / Am I really doing wrong?")

But I think this is the best ever - from someone on IMDB board:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0973541/board/nest/52804438

Help! What does Morrissey say after he sings that bit about the rain flattening his hair & these are the things that kill me & before he sings that past the pub bit. Is he REALLY saying this 'All their lies about make-up and long hair, are still there'????? It doesn't sound like that...I always thought it was something like this : 'All my life I've waited to see her slit'. Or am I really going insane???? What do you think?

:D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom