Brief Morrissey Blog Retrospective

G

goinghome

Denizen's Andrew Reinholds has posted a compact and well-informed little summary of Morrissey's career to date:

So Morrissey isn’t making it down to either Australia or New Zealand for his 2012 global tour. As a result, I am taking the plunge and heading up to Singapore to see him live for the second, and most probably last time in my lifetime. My first Mozza experience was in Manchester 2004, during his triumphant return to form with the excellent ‘You Are The Quarry’ album. For many, their relationship with Morrissey ended with the demise of The Smiths. Unlike his great song writing partner Johnny Marr – who has popped up with any number of different bands since – Morrissey has continued on a very clear and single-minded career path since the disintegration of The Smiths in 1987. So let’s take a quick look back at the highlights of what has at times been a chequered solo career of one of rock’s most unique and enduring front men...

Sophisticated and more refined than anything he released before or after, ‘Vauxhall & I’ remains a powerful testament to Morrissey’s solo career without Johnny Marr.
I couldn't agree more.

Nice article- thanks for finding it.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom