For quite some time I've been wondering...

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
How come we never hear any voices from Mozza's past? I mean, for example, in the 1984 Earsay interview that we all have surely seen before -- where are those 'bespectacled friends' that he attracted whilst enduring the belligerent ghouls of Manchester schools? And (at that time at least), what about when Moz was selling us the story that he HAD witnessed something somewhat close to a sexual experience with another person? You'd think that someone would have popped up over the years to tell us something new, other than Linder, that is...Did Moz just pay them off to keep their mouths shut when the Smiths started getting popular? :confused: perplexed...

Last edited:
The answer is most people aren't the sort of people who would sell someone out just to get their mugs in the papers. I know in this day and age we are all told that everyone wants to be famous and everyone has a price but it simply isn't true.

A recent example is that of the revelations about Ken Livingstone's various children. The papers were harrassing the mothers of his children to talk to them and probably waving big cheques around. They were sent packing.

The answer is most people aren't the sort of people who would sell someone out just to get their mugs in the papers. I know in this day and age we are all told that everyone wants to be famous and everyone has a price but it simply isn't true.

A recent example is that of the revelations about Ken Livingstone's various children. The papers were harrassing the mothers of his children to talk to them and probably waving big cheques around. They were sent packing.

REEALLY now? I find that hard to believe, especially with Mozza. Think of it -- if you would have had sex with a teenage Mozza, wouldn't you have told someone how it was? :D Surely the ladies over in frink thread would be happy to lend an ear! And you would undoubtedly receive some sort of money, which as we all know changes everything. I'm not sure if I believe people in the world are quite THAT upstanding...

REEALLY now? I find that hard to believe, especially with Mozza. Think of it -- if you would have had sex with a teenage Mozza, wouldn't you have told someone how it was? :D Surely the ladies over in frink thread would be happy to lend an ear! And you would undoubtedly receive some sort of money, which as we all know changes everything. I'm not sure if I believe people in the world are quite THAT upstanding...

Glad those people knew Morrissey in the past have similar moral standard as Morrissey.
They don't have to tarnish their precious moments with him just for money.

I suppose it is quite bizarre that The News of the World has never run the headline 'I HAD SEX WITH MORRISSEY'. I think there have been a few people who were acquainted with Morrissey and have told their silly stories about him (I remember him saying once that an art teacher had crawled out of the woodwork to tell her tale). I guess that the press in the gutter of Fleet Street has simply never tried to find his ex-lovers. Either that or Morrissey's in the Mafia. :D

mcrickson, I've also always wondered why we haven't heard anything -not that I want to know his dirty little secrets (really)- I actually find it a beautiful thing, but certainly an amazing one that no one has ever really divulged their private/intimate Moz moments.

Kewpie definitely has a valid point, tho I'm sure 'they' were sworn to secrecy (whether it involved feelings and/or money ;)) but maybe, there just haven't been many lovers, period. Which makes me sad for him. I can't imagine it's an easy thing for Morrissey to let someone get that close to him- the man has a fortress around his heart.

Which I find is a beautiful thing in itself -- call me crazy but I aspire to it.

It's not much fun.
I wouldn't say I have an inpenetrable fortress around my heart, but I think there's a fence. Some people have lept over the fence, but they can't usually get out again.

It's not much fun.
I wouldn't say I have an inpenetrable fortress around my heart, but I think there's a fence. Some people have lept over the fence, but they can't usually get out again.

I was just about to say that :p
well not the exact same thing, just the fence analogy.

Maybe, just maybe there simply hasn't been any such people to spill the beans. Morrissey, as we all know, creates his own reality when it suits him.

There are quite a few quotes from his old school mates in 'The Severed Alliance'.
Nothing earth-shattering but some funny.

Maybe, just maybe there simply hasn't been any such people to spill the beans. Morrissey, as we all know, creates his own reality when it suits him.

was thinking something very similar...

just change "any" to "hardly any"... + no desire for that kind of notoriety.

It might be, and this is just what I think, that no one has said anything cos there's nothing drastically interesting to say.

It might be, and this is just what I think, that no one has said anything cos there's nothing drastically interesting to say.

I'm leaning toward mafia connections.

Come on. We want Morrissey to remain the enigma he always
has been. I don't want to know about his liaisons.
It would spoil it for me....;)

Back
Top Bottom