Hammerstein Maximum Mox QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

PFTLT thanks so much for all the info. I didn't even know there's a poster! As for the pass it seems like in A.C we will have to fight our way at the front but anyhow nothing can be worse than those night in Brixton 2002...

Thanks for doing the legwork on this, PFTLT. Hope to see you in NYC!

Speaking of which. . .how will we recognize mozzolo denizens at the gig? I am always psyched to meet the RL peeps behind the names I see in online forums (fora???).

--jeniphir

My thanks, also!! Anyone know what time Will Call window opens? I'm hoping for an earlier opening so we can go sometime Friday morning to pick up the poster/pass and drop back off at the hotel . . . . :)

How will we know each other? Uh... I could make up a small badge design and put it on Cafepress. I was going to make up an oval "MOZ" car sticker for my new car anyway, so I can just add in a badge design too.

Anyone have any requests for the badge design? It doesn't have to say "solo" on it, as long as it's a distinctive design. They probably won't print it if it's noticably, obviously Moz' face. It could say Moz or Morrissey though. Anyone feeling clever?

Anyone have any requests for the badge design? It doesn't have to say "solo" on it, as long as it's a distinctive design. They probably won't print it if it's noticably, obviously Moz' face. It could say Moz or Morrissey though. Anyone feeling clever?

Not that I think you should re-use this idea, but back in 1997 for the Smiths convention, there were a lot of people meeting from an email list who had never met face-to-face before. Keep in mind that digital cameras and image files were not widely available to most people. So I had 50 badges pressed that had the pic of Mozzer's cute lil no-butt with flowers coming out of the back pocket with the address of our listserv and the phrase "If it's not lerv, then it's the bum that will bring us together." See, the list was called ASK at the time, hence the lyric and piccy. It allowed us to identify each other and then it was the pass for our list-only afterparty.
morrissey.jpg

So what I'm suggesting is that you use a distinctive body part of Mozzer's that doesn't look like a commercial image. Or use a non-professional photo of Mozzer. That's what I did when I had cakes with the digital photo rendered in the icing made to celebrate Mozzolo's fifth anniversary when the bakery stated they would not use copyrighted images. They thought the picture of Morrissey was David because it said, "Congratulations, David!"

I'm evil, I know. I was thinking you should use one of those "unflattering photos", especially since the more horrific or bizarre ones don't even seem like Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom