How do we collaborate on an index for 'autobiography'

Tingle3

An index might be helpful for the fans. I think I can understand why Morrissey didn't want his autobiography indexed, but that doesn't stop someone or some people doing it. What's the best way? Is it to take ten pages each and find subjects in them. Then we join it all up and sort alphabetically. Has anyone made a start? Maybe I will tomorrow.

I'm glad that it doesn't have an index. Would make lots of folks just look up a topic/person and skip to that section or name.
It's meant to be read from cover to cover.

I'm glad that it doesn't have an index. Would make lots of folks just look up a topic/person and skip to that section or name.
It's meant to be read from cover to cover.

If you have the eBook you can do word searches. But perhaps only after you read the book, will you know what you want to search for. :p I like that it doesn't have an index and chapters.

An index might be helpful for the fans. I think I can understand why Morrissey didn't want his autobiography indexed, but that doesn't stop someone or some people doing it. What's the best way? Is it to take ten pages each and find subjects in them. Then we join it all up and sort alphabetically. Has anyone made a start? Maybe I will tomorrow.

I'm too busy! Seriously who has time!

People could always add sections to the relevant Solo Wiki article...

If you have the eBook you can do word searches. But perhaps only after you read the book, will you know what you want to search for. :p I like that it doesn't have an index and chapters.
this, but yeah, I did some searches b4 finishing :o
I mean its not like its a novel, I knew how it was going to "end" :p

You might also want to add a section of bloopers, continuity errors, historical factual inaccuracies, and the vast gaps of plot and characters who will appear in the equally ramshackle "Autobiography 11" and "Autobiography 111" and on and on until "Autobiography XIV" if 'kerching' so dictates.

Back
Top Bottom