I love kill uncle

"King Leer" is flawless.

By the way, when he says "phone me"—quite like in "A Rush and a Push..."—I have always been of the opinion that he substitutes "phone" for "f***," mostly because of the way he sings it in the latter. Have another listen and decide for yourselves.

"Sing Your Life" was revealed as one of his best songs in the KROQ version.

It also occurred to me that perhaps the idea for "Driving Your Girlfriend Home"—the second best track on the record proper—was inspired from the line in "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" in which he sings "drove the point home" and which was misheard by some as "drove the boy home."

"King Leer" is flawless.

By the way, when he says "phone me"—quite like in "A Rush and a Push..."—I have always been of the opinion that he substitutes "phone" for "f***," mostly because of the way he sings it in the latter. Have another listen and decide for yourselves.

"Sing Your Life" was revealed as one of his best songs in the KROQ version.

It also occurred to me that perhaps the idea for "Driving Your Girlfriend Home"—the second best track on the record proper—was inspired from the line in "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" in which he sings "drove the point home" and which was misheard by some as "drove the boy home."

" By the way, when he says "phone me"—quite like in "A Rush and a Push..."—I have always been of the opinion that he substitutes "phone" for "f***," mostly because of the way he sings it in the latter. Have another listen and decide for yourselves. "

Could be. Who knows.
But, in " A Rush and a Push..." I thought it was a very moving, tragic but also very revealing line.
As I witnessed in the DVD Who put the M in Manchester?

I felt great sympathy for an artist, a human being, who supposedly is a famous rock star and getting as much love as he wanted, singing the lines: my youth may be gone but I'm still a good man, so phone me, phone me, phone me. Just a human being wanting to be loved.
Isn't that a great universal feeling? Anybody can relate to that feeling.
It's a feeling I can easily relate too and anybody with an emotional life can.
Off course there is the drama, but it was kind of nice the fans were making that dramatic gesture with their hands. It added to the drama and at the same time it was funny.
Cheers

Last edited:
i dont think i've ever felt the need to be loved. isnt that odd? i've always felt it quite remarkable. maybe because i got enough love when i was little. but it's just neither here nor there to me, and certainly not as pressing an issue as what winter coat i should buy. heavens how could it be? choosing a coat is more important than choosing a life partner, i am convinced.

of course i wouldnt mind if mozzer loved me, but even if he kind of didnt like me that'd be okay too just so long as he might play scrabble with me every once in a while, but he'd have to be prepared to lose and thereafter suffer me to quote the great bobby fischer when he said "i like the moment when i break a man's ego". that's how it goes, my darling.

i dont think i've ever felt the need to be loved. isnt that odd? i've always felt it quite remarkable. maybe because i got enough love when i was little. but it's just neither here nor there to me, and certainly not as pressing an issue as what winter coat i should buy. heavens how could it be? choosing a coat is more important than choosing a life partner, i am convinced.

of course i wouldnt mind if mozzer loved me, but even if he kind of didnt like me that'd be okay too just so long as he might play scrabble with me every once in a while, but he'd have to be prepared to lose and thereafter suffer me to quote the great bobby fischer when he said "i like the moment when i break a man's ego". that's how it goes, my darling.

It's not odd.
There are substitutes for love like a nice coat.
My feelings of love are not the same as yours.
And my ego can be broken as easy as anyone's ego.
And I can break anyone's ego too if I wished which I don't.
But it's all words.
It all comes down to one thing.
The courage and the bravery too have at the moment it is really needed.
I am not completely fearless but I am not stepping aside when that moment arrives.
I am just curious.
Cheers Rifke

So you are one of those :whip: :D

Good to know. Pain can be your friend....sometimes.

I mean only in a mental sense! :ha-no:
OMG I hope you don't think I am into that :whip: !!
Not receiving, nor giving.
But a nice lady being somewhat dominant and bossy gives me the shivers.
I am not prudish and don't condone other people for their sexual preferences.
Why would I?
Cheers evennow :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom