Is Kristeen Young opening througout the tour?

The weird thing is that when the audience is genuinely appreciative and you hear positive heckling, like, "We love you Kristeen!" or a song name yelled out, it totally flusters her. It's almost like she's more comfortable being hated on. She's an amazing woman, though. God knows she's done more than I have.

well, K. Young is still agreeing to tour with Moz despite the heckling... so maybe it doesn't bother her, or she thinks the audience is playing along with her banter. or maybe that's what she wants to believe which is why she playfully says rude things to the audience.... is she in denial and thinks the audience is just joking? why still tour with Morrissey if his fans don't like her music? i wouldn't be able to do it.

the bottom line...it doesn't matter if she sounds good or not, what's important is would you totally do her...:eek:

I would

There is a vast majority of the fans at the shows I've been to that talk, shout, even throw drinks at her. Its not right...sure shes different, but who in the hell could open for morrissey and be accepted?

I LIKE her music, as a matter of fact i like it even more because its become so tied in with seeing a Morrissey show. everyone who boo's or has something to say should leave for all I care. Let the people who actually enjoy get up a bit closer.

How about Tiger army? I think that was a quite good combo. Just my opinion though.

The weird thing is that when the audience is genuinely appreciative and you hear positive heckling, like, "We love you Kristeen!" or a song name yelled out, it totally flusters her. It's almost like she's more comfortable being hated on. She's an amazing woman, though. God knows she's done more than I have.

ok pregnant, quit hating on yourself :p

actually, i've felt that way before, too. about meself, i mean... oh, nevermind ;)

i don't understand why you say, "I don't care who came first...". i don't see any similarities between the two which you imply.

Dresden Dolls are good, Young is ok and with a different sound.

Kristeen Young used to have a myspace photo of her performing in 1999 with a caption that said something to the likes of "And where were the Dresden Dolls?" I would agree you that their music is not exactly alike, because I like DD and I only like a few Kristeen Young songs. However, they do have their similarities in terms of instrumentation to the point that if you google both their names you will find your share of comparisons on various sites.

But regardless of comparisons, I am very over her after seeing her open for Moz four times already. Not to the point that I would ever be a rude or disrespectful audience member, but enough where I think I may have to hang out at the bar during her set.

At the Houston show, people booed her throughout her set. I felt bad for her.

I think that she acts sort of silly in between her sets; I like that she tries to interact with her audience, but I think that she sort of tries to impress Morrissey, like at the Houston show, when she mentioned Charles Nelson Reilly dying. I mean, that seems like something Morrissey would (and did say). I could be totally wrong, but that's just the impression I get.

I think she has an incredible voice, but I would have enjoyed her set more if it wasn't so long and I wasn't waiting for Morrissey. I didn't shell out my hard-earned cash because I eager to see Kristeen Young play for an hour.

That said, I think she is talented, and I wish her all the best.

i'm among the few that likes her i guess. she's certainly better than anyone else i've seen open for Moz.

i'll say it again, the real chore to sit through is those awful f***ing videos.

i'm among the few that likes her i guess. she's certainly better than anyone else i've seen open for Moz.

i'll say it again, the real chore to sit through is those awful f***ing videos.

Sack was 1,000,000 times better than Ms.Young, and was by far, one of thee best opening bands, the man's had in recent years.

No, the real "chore" is how anyone can sit through an entire set from Ms.Young and not want to bombard her w/various dead fruit/objects? unplug her equipment so she can't sing anymore, shove a nice pie down her hole so she'll "SHUT UP"? etc. Bjork should sue for trademark infringement. She has got to be thee WORST opening act for Morrissey ever. She wonders why she's not getting calls from major labels? B/C: she sucks! Just because she can sell 5 copies of a cd(3 to family, 1 to you, 1 to her dog), is no reason to anoint her a budding star.

You're a brave soul my man, I will wish you well.

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed her for about the first 3 songs then it got repetative. She's okay in small doses.

I like the video's .
The Imperfect List has been a fave of mine for almost 15 years .

Kristeen can open for me anyday! She's a cutie I just like looking at her, um, move :)

Back
Top Bottom