Johnny sings The Smiths in NZ yesterday

gosh, I think that's a first! thanks for those.
think he's only sung 'Meat is Murder' before?
if Moz and Marr do get back together, maybe they'll have to rebrand themselves as a duo.
they could be the new Robson and Jerome!

Oh, that is so, so beautiful - thank you! :tears:

Cheers for the links F.
Johnny playing the guitar is a thing of beauty.
Did anyone think Johnny was going to add his own new lyrics "please, please, please let me get what i want,a renuion with Morrissey" ;)

gosh, I think that's a first! thanks for those.
think he's only sung 'Meat is Murder' before?
if Moz and Marr do get back together, maybe they'll have to rebrand themselves as a duo.

He's sung 'Please Please Please' before..He's also played (but not sung) HSIN and TIALTNGO with Neil Finn..Nothing really new here..

Such a shame.....a f***in shame...If only.....Got goosebumps just watching Johnny playing the tune. I love the way he moves about.

Fabulous. Just fabulous. Makes you wonder.....

Peter

I'm just sitting and thinking about Morrisseys singing voice being there instead of the singers. The singer does it justice, but it would really be fantastic with Morrissey. I really can hear it! Not saying the whole reunion thing would be fantastic overall, but if I'd be standing there, in front of the stage, with Morrissey singing and Johnny playing...I would feel heavenly even though it wasn't 1986. I can really feel it would do their history justice...just that one moment, you know?

maybe they'll have to rebrand themselves as a duo.

or the new...

Hall-and-Oates-733833.jpg

Thanks, cossy!

I love Wilco :guitar: (Chi-town, represent!)

Johnny Marr... you 'tease' ;) :cool: :guitar: Is it possible either Marr or Moz would do a 'cameo' at the other's concert? Not really a 'reunion' per se, just a 'special guest star'. :) One or two songs. That's not too much to ask, izzit? :)

I love how he made a sad mandolin sammich. The sad mandolin that normally cries at the end was being hugged by a second verse of the song so it wasn't alone, that's so beautiful.

How did Johnny Marr write such beautifully melancholic music at such a young age? I'm much more of a Moz-solo fan, but when I hear this song I think "Morrissey was sent an angel, and he responded in kind."

Morrissey and Marr on stage together -- it's more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom