Mike Joyce interview - Don't Believe The Hype (May 2016)

Mike Joyce Interview - Don't Believe The Hype (May 6, 2016)

Plenty of Smiths content, including the court case:

"The politics of being in a band are scary; nobody knows what is going to happen in the future, and you don’t want to upset your mates. But looking back, it’s an awful lot easier than being in a room with someone in a wig and thinking ‘how did it come to this?’ At the time I didn’t appreciate how serious it was, I didn’t think it would be such a big deal. After the first day, it was all over the newspapers, and it hit home”.

39257_mike-joyce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. no written contract so the case was decided based on the law. If The Smiths had done the same they would have confronted and solved the issue before it even started.
And when you add on the fact that 25% was the original agreement and then it was changed without legal documentation the court had no choice but to find as they did. The judge obviously didn't like Morrissey and that does make a difference but it's not the reason for the verdict. We've seen in the past year Morrissey attempting to lie about dealings with record executives and you can get away with that when you're addressing your silly statements to your delusional Mozbot fans, but in court you need evidence. Since it was lacking the judge decided based on the law. And Morrissey spent far more time and energy trying to portray himself as a victim and lost far more money in legal fees than if he had simply paid the judgement and done a project to make the money back.
In fact, as Joyce recently said in the excellent audio interview that was posted here, he was informed that the case would be settled before it went to court and he was willing to accept far less. He and his representative were waiting on the courthouse steps ready to make a deal but no one turned up with an offer. Morrissey either received poor advice or refused to listen to reason because any seasoned lawyer could have predicted the outcome.

You seem to know an awful lot about Morrissey and his business. Who's the real Mozbot then?

Did Mike Joyce ever get his money from Morrissey?
I know that Johny Marr paid up but I never heard if Morrissey ever did.

Did Mike Joyce ever get his money from Morrissey?
I know that Johny Marr paid up but I never heard if Morrissey ever did.

No one knows. Nobody has a clue.
Only Moz, ha.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom