morrissey fans; are you happy?

maybe i misunderstood what you were saying, but ti seems like you're suggesting that morrissey is the cause of your unhappiness. if this is the case, why don't you stop listening to his music?

If it will be easy ,Thank you for suggestion

HTML:
no, but I wasn't happy before I started to listening to Morrissey.
is you now less or equal unhappy ?

If it will be easy ,Thank you for suggestion

HTML:
no, but I wasn't happy before I started to listening to Morrissey.
is you now less or equal unhappy ?

Pretty equal, but for different reasons. Bear in mind I was 13 when I started listening to him :p

When I first ''discovered'' Morrissey I was terribly unhappy and liked him partly because I felt he would understand.
Now i'm the happiest and most hopeful i've ever been and I still like him and his music just as much... if not more... :)

I agree.
My mum says 'How can you listen to this?' because she finds The Smiths sullen to listen to....but I find the lyrics really really funny: 'I was looking for a job and then I found a job'....'when you say it's going to happen now - well when exactly do you mean?' Hilarious. As Homer Simpson said: it's funny because it's true.

Yes!

Great comment.

Happy or sad I listen to Morrissey.

Hatful Of Hollow remained in my bathroom stereo for about a year. Good times and bad. Probably started off during a not so great period though.

I suppose unhappiness does take the majority though, but then sometimes when I miserable I need something more upbeat i.e. not Morrisey / The Smiths.

Having said all this, people on here don't strike me as being the most cheerful on earth. Probably just a feature of forums in gereral though.

However, at gigs people are on Cloud 9. That's what Moz does for us. Bless him.

To summarise, I haven't answered the question at all.

I started eating healthier, 75% raw food, and I must say I am a lot happier. I feel great--more energy and all.

"I'm not happy and I'm not sad."
I guess I am content for now. But it wasn't always so good.

A post earlier up on this thread reminded me of this viddy I found the other day (was looking for a viddy to help a colleague who had gotten a dx of cancer recently -- BTW this "Pooh assisted suicide" viddy is not related to the viddies I sent for larfs and distraction).

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9lSuS1izFo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9lSuS1izFo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

eeyore-trubble.jpg

If you liked that, you might enjoy this neuroscience parody article.

I am smiling now because I'm listening to "Girlfriend in a Coma" off The Sound of The Smiths. Damnit, my face just cracked.

Last edited:
lol ^ :D Great article!
So, it's more than just honey and Pooh sticks...I've been a WTP fan since I was a little girl. :o how telling. :p

Nice to hear from you, Mel. "I'm not happy & I'm not sad" really does sum it all up, huh.
Very sorry to hear about your friend. You're giving her some good medicine, though...laughter. :) :D

p.s. You're not a Girlfriend "skipper"? I hardly ever let that one play... :o

lol ^ :D Great article!
Nice to hear from you, Mel. "I'm not happy & I'm not sad" really does sum it all up, huh.
Very sorry to hear about your friend. You're giving her some good medicine, though...laughter. :) :D

p.s. You're not a Girlfriend "skipper"? I hardly ever let that one play... :o

Good to be back and to have such a nice welcome! :guitar:

As for skipping GFIAC, well, there are worse things to be ashamed of! :p
I am definitely not a "Girlfriend" "skipper! ;) Call me a "Papa Crack" or "Journalists Who Lie" or "Boy Yappy" skipper first!

I was listening to GFIAC as I burned a cd for the dj's at the gothskate tonight. They usually just play the "hits" when it comes to Moz or Smiths. I am so sick of HSIN. Once in a while they'll play something like Suedehead or Everyday Is Like Sunday. So I'm making good on my promise to burn them a disc with songs I wanna hear as I roll around the rink -- e.g., "Jack the Ripper" and "Cemetry Gates". The disc is burnt! Now all I need to do is print the titles onto the cdr.

I have made a very nice life for myself, but I suffer from depression and nothing will ever fix that, I don't think.

So... Yes, I'm happy with my life, but I'm still basically unhappy inside.

Shitty, really.

Good to be back and to have such a nice welcome! :guitar:

As for skipping GFIAC, well, there are worse things to be ashamed of! :p
I am definitely not a "Girlfriend" "skipper! ;) Call me a "Papa Crack" or "Journalists Who Lie" or "Boy Yappy" skipper first!

I was listening to GFIAC as I burned a cd for the dj's at the gothskate tonight. They usually just play the "hits" when it comes to Moz or Smiths. I am so sick of HSIN. Once in a while they'll play something like Suedehead or Everyday Is Like Sunday. So I'm making good on my promise to burn them a disc with songs I wanna hear as I roll around the rink -- e.g., "Jack the Ripper" and "Cemetry Gates". The disc is burnt! Now all I need to do is print the titles onto the cdr.

Rollerskating to Morrissey/The Smiths.... that would make me VERY happy! :) I'm so jealous. That's pretty cool that you burned a CD for the DJ (yes, how often can you hear HSIN--enough is too much!) Rock n' Roll on, girlfriend ;) p.s. I skip Journalists too.

Rollerskating to Morrissey/The Smiths.... that would make me VERY happy! :) I'm so jealous. That's pretty cool that you burned a CD for the DJ (yes, how often can you hear HSIN--enough is too much!) Rock n' Roll on, girlfriend ;) p.s. I skip Journalists too.

You go, girlfriend (not in a coma)!

You're right...rollerskating to duh Smiffs made me very happy. They played from their own collection "What Diff. Does It Make". I told them to save "Jack the Ripper" for January or whenever my friend Mary (another M and a Mozlover) comes back to skate. Whenever a duff song was played, I would skate around thinking about Mozzer's new album to keep me going.

I tend to be depressed, but I had to reflect upon driving home that I felt very happy to have a night out. Listening to The Sound of the Smiths (disc 2) made me even happier on the way home. For donating 2 new toys at the goffskate toy drive, I won one of the raffles (an artist will draw a goth-anime caricature of me and a friend). They ran out of vegan tacos at the goffskate, but the chef said he opened a new vegetarian/vegan restaurant specializing in home-cooking and will make me a taco gratis because he ran out of vegan filling. I'm excited about trying new restaurants. I skated for 3 hours, and the ache in my hips and thighs plus the endorphin high is not unlike the aftermath of a vigorous shag. I just realized (a little too late, doh! But I see her every goffskate) that this tall, willowy blonde with an incredible body clad in very little was flirting with me or at least being very friendly, but I was too stupid to accept it. Oh well, I'll never learn. Now there is a hot jacuzzi bath with a Lush bathbomb waiting for me...oh, and the massage chair, too. Life is hardly a pigsty right now. But ask me again in a month or two...and I might do a 180.

legs.jpg

Pashernate love could make your grandmother zoom roller-skating back from the grave

I have made a very nice life for myself, but I suffer from depression and nothing will ever fix that, I don't think.

So... Yes, I'm happy with my life, but I'm still basically unhappy inside.

Shitty, really.

See I don't understand how that works! Would you mind explaining more, if you feel comfortable with that - like what makes you unhappy, when you have a great husband and you've been hugged (twice) by Johnny Marr?

I suffer from depression as well, but I figure if I was in a good relationship and had some other things going right, I'd be happy. I suppose that's an illusion.

yes, but listening to Morrissey doesn't help me, even though i relate to a lot of his lyrics. when you consider how incredibly talented and intelligent and handsome he is, and how is is clearly aware of this, they just sound strange coming from him.

I'm sort of nuts but I'm happy nuts. That's not all bad.

Most of the time I try to be happy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
At the moment I don't know what kind of mood I'm in. Yesterday I left my girlfriend. I know it was the right decision, but nevertheless I feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

Back
Top Bottom