Moz the Monster

"The ad, which you can of course find online or on a telly near you, features the festive friendship between a small boy and the monster named Moz (sadly, not played by Morrissey) who lives under his bed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evfwhn/live/c9n6v2?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5a057334e4b075b72b3c27b4&Elbow perform Beatles cover in new John Lewis ad&&ns_fee=0#post_5a057334e4b075b72b3c27b4

If only they could've got Morrissey to do a track!

This was ok but, you know...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still not recovered from the 2011 advert using the cover version of Please...
Regards,
FWD.

if he'd TradeMarked that, he could have been quids in.

í am sure í won't be able to avoid it, but í choose not to submit to this as í f***ing loathe and detest that fat bloke from elbow's voice.
í mean as soon as it comes on the radio í have to turn it off. worse than anthony sodding kiedis, which í didn't think was possible.
í usually love a northern english lilt (hence why í am here, now) but that bloke just takes the piss.

if he'd TradeMarked that, he could have been quids in.

í am sure í won't be able to avoid it, but í choose not to submit to this as í f***ing loathe and detest that fat bloke from elbow's voice.
í mean as soon as it comes on the radio í have to turn it off. worse than anthony sodding kiedis, which í didn't think was possible.
í usually love a northern english lilt (hence why í am here, now) but that bloke just takes the piss.

There's only one Elbow track that I keep going back to and that's Red. Love the drums on that track!

í usually love a northern english lilt (hence why í am here, now) but that bloke just takes the piss..

I'm the same; I really dislike Elbow for that very reason. I live in Manchester and to me it sounds like Garvey is really overemphasising his Northern pronunciation for effect. I find his voice intensely grating.

I'm the same; I really dislike Elbow for that very reason. I live in Manchester and to me it sounds like Garvey is really overemphasising his Northern pronunciation for effect. I find his voice intensely grating.

Yep, I can't stand his flipping voice either! Not just the accent thing (which does grate) but the tone and flimsiness of it. Elbow must be one of the most over-rated groups of all time. Having said that, I like him as a radio presenter. He's witty and interesting, and plays a good selection of music.

í am not alone; thank you.

anytime í had confessed such garvey aversion in public, people reacted like í'd just kicked Alan Bennett in the balls.

elbow are a jo whiley band; there is no greater sin... ;)

Old news, post faster the next time. Moz farts under the boys bed.

there's a group called elbow?

Saw them live in London in 2001, should have opted for Cinerama instead. Crowd looked cool like they had gone to the wrong venue. Fat people in indie never ever worked.

Back
Top Bottom