Netflix X bio - "i love the smiths"

Netflix Twitter bio is currently "i love the smiths" - some decent exposure right there to 22.3m followers.

Screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The Killer is an OK film. Good to hear The Smiths on it but most songs fade in and out to suit the mediocre dialogue. I actually preferred the weird incidental music which played now and again because it suited the film. I feel that The Smiths could have been replaced by any band withthe same impact to the film. I think it neither suits nor clashes with the film, but in my opinion they just threw it in there.

It's a joke because of their film The Killer
Which has a hit man who listens to the Smiths

Yep it's worth a watch but I'm glad I watched it on Netflix and not at cinema. It had a brief cinema run here in Ireland.
I like the premise, too. I haven't been to the cinema in decades. I struggle with new movies. I don't even have Netflix, but that's not an issue. I had no idea it had been running in cinemas. I'm guessing it probably has here in the UK too.

Surprised they didn't add "but i don't agree with morrissey, politically."
IMG_4956.gif

The face they make when they switch from “The Smiths had a huge impact on me growing up and he’s our generation’s greatest lyricist” to “but of course he’s an abhorrent scumbag now because he said hurty opinions that diverge from my own”

View attachment 97781
The face they make when they switch from “The Smiths had a huge impact on me growing up and he’s our generation’s greatest lyricist” to “but of course he’s an abhorrent scumbag now because he said hurty opinions that diverge from my own”

And yet whenever I post something he actually said it's the "right-wingers" who wail about it.

The Smiths now have nearly 14 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
They surpassed Depeche Mode even.
They keep growing.
While I personally am glad if more people find out about The Smiths, I am fairly sure it's a temporary thing. Now DM has slightly more than 13M listeners while the Smiths 13,7M (not 14). Let's see this in a few months' time.

Yep, The Smiths are great! So good that they're in a class by themselves.

Yep! I wouldn’t listen to them or Morrissey otherwise. A class unto themselves.
As far as taking the pop song and making it art, Morrissey’s art, his uniqueness .. words, vision and that voice! surpasses any of his contemporaries and modern music in spite of their popularity or ‘success’.

Leaving Depeche, New Order, even The Cure in the dust !

IMHO

:cool:

The closest “The Killer” comes to being laugh-out-loud funny is its soundtrack of 11 Smiths songs, the preferred playlist of Fassbender’s operator. (Pressing play on his phone, it says “Work Mix.”) Jangly and morose, marked by some of singer Morrissey’s choicest caterwauling, the indie-pop numbers rarely have a chance to flourish uninterrupted, but they punctuate the flow of the action in blasts, like clues. Heaven knows I’m miserable now? Maybe so. Or maybe it’s just a Tuesday. Fincher, on the other hand, is having the time of his life.

Another review;
https://www.limerickpost.ie/2023/11/26/film-column-the-killer/

Last edited:
Yep! I wouldn’t listen to them or Morrissey otherwise. A class unto themselves.
As far as taking the pop song and making it art, Morrissey’s art, his uniqueness .. words, vision and that voice! surpasses any of his contemporaries and modern music in spite of their popularity or ‘success’.

Leaving Depeche, New Order, even The Cure in the dust !

IMHO

:cool:
Agree. I will say though, that even just a whisper of some insouciant backcombing and a little bit of bedhead have always made everything better in life, so I will always have a soft spot for Robert Smith, who had the good grace to always know to put voluminous hair above and beyond all other life considerations and priorities.

In reality Russell brand should be paying robert smith courtesy royalties for life. For contributions and advancements to science in paving the way where no other hair dared to go before! Except Bob’s! Lol

My problem is that i can’t watch this movie because in the ad i saw it looked like Michael Fassbender only had like 6 inches of leg from his knee to his ankle and it made me feel weird

This is actually really cool but also has a hackers whiff about it, did Moz hack netflix? or johnny marr?

Back
Top Bottom