new Coldplay song, attempt at the Smiths

It's made worse by the fact that when he sings, he knows millions of people are listening to it, if that make sense. It's the same with Bono -- which is why I lost interest in them after the mid 80s. Thom Yorke is a similar case, but he's such a unique vocalist I give him a pass.

however, Martin's singing voice is ghastly and their phenomenal impact on the world's cliché reserves is only rivalled by that of Paul Weller and Primal Scream...

Yes, it sounded like U2 .... the "ringing" of Edge's guitar. :guitar:

idk I like Coldplay. Preety good in this age of crap music

word :)

I just read a good article in Rolling Stone -Martin gave props to Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, REM, Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan as influences.

I liked when the interviewer asked CM said "when you're a rock star, you have the option of extending your adolescence indefintiely" CM said "Yeah, but your music turns to shit. Name one person who is perpetually adolescent who's made a good album." That little quote made me think of Morrissey and how he and his music has changed... we are all rolling with life's punches.

EDIT: I also don't like that Brian Eno went totally batshit and worked with them. WHY ENO WHY, I LOOOOVED YOU.

OMG you just said what i was about to say... I really don't like coldplay which is very difficult to understand since they sound like many of my favorite bands even though at the same time it explains my hatred...:rolleyes:
Coldplay trying to sound like another band is no news to me LOL... Cemetry Gates of the Smiths would be only one more to add to the very long list LOL of copies they made...
And again... I can't believe Brian Eno, the man who worked with artists such as David Bowie, U2, Roxy Music, King Crimson, Depeche mode,etcetcetc, worked with Coldplay- i feel like crying:tears:.
Anyways it got a little bit off topic here :D.

Back
Top Bottom