Now That We KNOW Morrissey Visits This Site...Post a Message To Him.

How do we know that he comes here? We know that Boz does, but Moz himself? I don't think so.

I do not think for a second think that Morrissey would launch that t-shirt campaign against a site he had never seen.

What makes you think that HE launched the campaign? I wouldn't even call it a campaign! All we know is that someone brought the idea to Boz on his facebook wall, so I think it was Boz who brought up the idea within the band. And that's all it was, a spontaneous idea. It's not like they are wearing these t-shirts all the time now!

I'm sure Morrissey has come here, how often is another thing. But it's silly to think he hasn't scanned from time to time. But I doubt he would be an avid reader.. just because he says he doesn't do something doesn't mean anything. I mean he says he doesn't use the phone and then there are people in interviews everywhere talking about how they were on the phone to Morrissey. Likewise with his insistence against email but apparently he does that too. Probably just wants to maintain his aura of mysticism or something.

The guy has wrote a song for every situation in my life and I love his music but there is no getting away from the fact he is a class A knobend who lives in a world of his own, he has got that used to the large number of sycophants chasing his every word that he now thinks he's untouchable....he's a diva without a record label, he's maybe upset over this website because the minority dare slate his new stuff or his band but what about the venom he comes out with on a daily basis i.e. I hope "Alex salmond dies" he sayed at a recent gig not to mention the numerous other (his personnel op) shit he comes out with, he's a walking contradiction.....a hypocrite & a spoilt man, god forbid I have sayed something against the "great one" but enough of the bullshit, see this for what it is.....a man who has a talent for words,poetry whatever you call it but the way he conducts himself & treats others is appalling.......i'm off to listen to Your Arsenal this is f***ing depressing :0p

Maybe he didn't know what it said? ;)
[Seriously though someone gave Steve Naghavi a tshirt in Russian that said "f*** exciter" in Russian. He wore it without knowing what it said. He's a diehard depechie. Maybe Moz wasn't paying attention and thought he put on a shirt Napoleon Dynamite style.]

I've never wanted to meet Morrissey. The idea is terrifying. He may not live up to the image.

Good quote from John Frusciante :
"Michael Stipe, I met him also as a person, and I don't give a f*** about him as a person because he seems to be totally full of himself. But my image of him is beautiful and I love him you know, not the human being, my image of him. (London, 2001)"

And he's kind of reminding me of myself and I'm sure others are reminded too of their own quirks. Ignoring the people who have nothing but positive remarks and focusing on the negative only.
Taking all percieved slights to heart, etc.
Moz isn't so different from regular humans after all.
The website is great at keeping fans informed of his news, tour cancellations... the Hillary Duffy days are over thank goodness... did I mention tour cancellations news?

Man the forum criticism has got to be a lot for a sensitive person.

To fans- I'd tell those unsatisfied with "dad rock" please check out sunset rubdown, wolf parade & foals. Math rock is waiting for you. You love Moz so boy are you going to love Spencer Krug if you don't already.

What Moz is missing is not the u2 stadiums to light up Africa but their less discerning fans. But who wants those? u2 are alright but Bono isn't half the showman Moz is.

But... Morrissey said some things about David Bowie that aren't entirely disimilar to what his fans/critics on this site have been saying about Moz.
Remember 'never let me down' by Bowie. Okay that is an extreme example. Moz is a discerning critic himself!

Maybe someone should dress up as Bowie and give Moz advice ala "Flight of the Conchords"? about getting a record label.
Then we'd all be happy.

I guess I'd just say thanks to Moz for the wonderful music.
Now Moz go ask radiohead to publish YOUR stuff as well as theirs. There is an idea.

Back
Top Bottom