Original painting on ebay

thats a four layer stencil made using photoshop out of a picture. i do quite a lot of those myself.

I like painting, but I've not sold any. One problem is getting verification of who took the photo (if you are not working from your own, or from life.) Doesn't the photographer deserve some credit, or financial compensation? Anyone know the answer?

If it doesn't matter legally, I'd be keen to do more to share/sell.

In otherwords, they didn't paint it at all - it's the work of a computer. I shall report these mischievous fibbers to Ebay!

it is a painting. this stencil is made in the computer but then each layer is printed and carved . and then painted over canvas. the person thats selling this proabably has 10 similar paintings .

I like painting, but I've not sold any. One problem is getting verification of who took the photo (if you are not working from your own, or from life.) Doesn't the photographer deserve some credit, or financial compensation? Anyone know the answer?

If it doesn't matter legally, I'd be keen to do more to share/sell.
its the same as downloading music in a way, of course they deserve compensation and credit but if you sell a 5 euros shirt with the "viva hate" cover , are you going to go chez morrissey with the 4 euros that actually correspond him? im still hoping he cames after me though...
id like to see your stuff! do you also do stencil?

it is a painting. this stencil is made in the computer but then each layer is printed and carved . and then painted over canvas. the person thats selling this proabably has 10 similar paintings .

its the same as downloading music in a way, of course they deserve compensation and credit but if you sell a 5 euros shirt with the "viva hate" cover , are you going to go chez morrissey with the 4 euros that actually correspond him? im still hoping he cames after me though...
id like to see your stuff! do you also do stencil?

Hmmm, I see what you mean.
I don't do stencils. When working with photos, I sketch a light outline onto the canvas and build up the picture in oils, getting more detailed as I work on it. Some only take a few hours, others weeks. I spend more time thinking than with brush in hand.. My avatar is a painting and I put one up on the artwork thread a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom