Pamela Anderson shares similar views to Morrissey re: Weinstein/Hollywood sexual assault

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
Piece by Vulture regarding Anderson's recent appearance on Megyn Kelly's show.

Excerpt: “You know what you’re getting into if you’re going into a hotel room alone,” Anderson explained on Thursday’s program. “Don’t go into a hotel room alone. If someone answers the door in a bathrobe, leave. This is things that are common sense, but I know Hollywood is very seductive and the people want to be famous. Sometimes you think you are going to be safe with an adult in a room."

Pam would know. Can't imagine the amount of sexual advances she must have received.
"This is things that are common sense" Forget about common sense. Let's give into hysteria
and the mob mentality.

f*** her, and f*** all those who defend the abusers of the less powerful.

I don't think she's defending the abusers. She's telling potential victims to wake the f*** up and don't be so f***ing stupid. She used more words and less poetry than I did though!

Victims sholdn't be blamed. But potential victims must be warned. I think Pamela Anderson is more on the warning victims side here.

Anyway, if a predator is decided to rape you, your common sense will not save you. Common sense is just for not making things so easy for phsychos.

Last edited:
Yes, but if not for putting deep dents in casting couches, she wouldn't have a career. So Shut up, Pam. Go tend to your hepatitis.

Who's defending abusers? we don't even know what M really said in the German interview.

And why condemn common sense? it should be encouraged at a very early age. And more importantly we must look at society and find out why it breeds these monsters in the first place.

Having said that. Unfortunately people who bring up the notion of using common sense in this climate will be attacked simply because finally a safe space has been created where many are coming out about being abused, so it's easy to see why people like Anderson would be attacked here. So in a way she is and she isn't wrong.

But you know, an interviewer asks a question and the one being interviewed can either lie or tell the truth, and the media has to take some responsibility in deciding if they think it's good for society to print or show that information, also take responsibility for the questions they ask in the first place.

Who's defending abusers? we don't even know what M really said in the German interview.

And why condemn common sense? it should be encouraged at a very early age. And more importantly we must look at society and find out why it breeds these monsters in the first place.

Having said that. Unfortunately people who bring up the notion of using common sense in this climate will be attacked simply because finally a safe space has been created where many are coming out about being abused, so it's easy to see why people like Anderson would be attacked here. So in a way she is and she isn't wrong.

But you know, an interviewer asks a question and the one being interviewed can either lie or tell the truth, and the media has to take some responsibility in deciding if they think it's good for society to print or show that information, also take responsibility for the questions they ask in the first place.

best response I've heard on this topic! :thumb:

You have a very good point about people not telling the truth and interviewers not asking more about it. When you read the statements of people who were very close to some of the abusers, condemning those same abuses they helped to cover during decades, you fully understand the meaning of the word hypocrisy.

Then you find news headlines around the world blaming Morrissey for his declarations, not for his acts, but not taking responsibility for the decades those same journalists contributed to cover the same crimes they seem to be so upset about now. I can see it in my country, everything is so fake and corrupt. If we deserve to win a world cup, that would be the world coup of casting couch, but not only in show business. From outside it seems to be a quite open society with many women in politics, companies (not the higher places, of course) and the judicial system. But on a second look you can see that women who have access to those positions of power are the wives, lovers or daughters of powerful men. Corruption and nepotism are highly institutionalized and that situation puts women in a very weak position in relation to men. Even more if the woman is physically beautiful. It's very difficult to stay out of corruption when all the culture is corrupt, you have to be very careful and most of the time you end thinking you are a fool for not taking advantage like everybody else. It's your own personal secret war and you know beforehand you are going to lose it. But without people fighting personal battles this world would be ten times worst.

I agree with the idea of people being very carefree about their security, maybe we all are. Sometimes the need of money, fame or simply the need to survive put people in the hands of criminals. Sometimes merely for existing in this world you already are a potential victim of someone. But the first to blame and punish are the criminals, it's very important people understand this idea, even more when we are talking about underage victims. Just because ideas are what design the world we live in.

There's some common sense in her statement, but also a false sense of security. And a certain amount of just plain dumb.

Sure, if a gal is cautious and avoids going to the hotel rooms of strangers or getting blind drunk at frat parties she'll avoid a lot of trouble, but Pam's missing the point that there have been some genuinely evil people at work. Harvey Weinstein doesn't think stuff like "She wouldn't come to my hotel room, I'd better pick another target", he thinks "My intended target won't play ball, I will make her suffer so the next one will be too afraid to refuse!". When that kind of abuse of power is on the table there's no easy solution for the intended victim. It’s the actions of the abuser that need to be scrutinised, not the victim's.

Really? This is news? So, a few Hollywood starlets made a claim of sexual assault by some media mogul. Let's just put things into perspective for a moment. It happens to a hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people around the globe every single day. Child brides, children of war, women of the third world are being abused and nobody gives a shit about them. Why is this not on the cover of the newspaper? They are not glamorous, or famous. Just invisible nobodies. This is yet another example how the media is manipulating peoples' minds and most of you fell for it. Again. I wish Morrissey would distance himself from commenting on such topics. To me, what he (and Pamela) said, made a perfect sense. But the media already chosen the light they want to portray him in no matter what he says.
I am not defending the abuser here, however, I feel more compassion for a defenceless child somewhere out there than for a mediocre actress from Hollywood.

Tags
hollywood morrissey pamela anderson sexual assault weinstein
Back
Top Bottom